chapter twenty four

sarada's pov 

"well, we're almost there." bolt says, almost sadly. he then shows off a toothy grin. i roll my eyes playfully, my hand remaining on his.

"you're acting as if you're never gonna see me again." i shake my head. he pouts. "you're gonna miss sleeping in the same room with this hottie and hanging out with him." he teases, pointing at himself. 

"like heck i will!" i laugh. he turns onto a street that was way too familiar. i look at the houses, my eyes widening. 

finally. i was home.

"and we're here." bolt says, fake crying. i fake wipe his tears. he then stops crying, his cheeks turning warmer and warmer. "nevermind. no crying." he says, smiling. i groan. 

my hand leaves his, and his leaves my thigh. frankly, i was just starting to get used to it.

"okay, let's go!" i say, excitedly. bolt and i get out of the car, my frog stuffy in my arms. i then open the trunk and grab my suitcases. 

"c'mon let me get them for you, salad." he says, grabbing my suitcase. i then grab a bag, slinging it across my shoulder. "thanks bolt." i smile. 

we both walk to the door. i put my key through the keyhole and the door flings open. i walk in, shouting, "i'm home!" 

mama and papa come out in a few seconds. i could feel myself getting squished in hugs. i smile, thinking i'm finally home.

"hi mama, hi papa!" i say, smiling. 

"hey princess." papa says, poking two fingers on my forehead. mama smiles. 

i never knew the meaning of this, but i think it represents love. 

bolt looks at us, eyes widening. he then smiles.

"hi uncle sasuke! hi auntie sakura!" he says. papa groans. "oh shoot. he's here. where's the dobe?" he asks, looking around his surroundings. mama hits him on the wrist playfully.

"nah, my old man isn't coming yet! i just drove sarada here." he replies. we both smile in unison. he then places my suitcase down. "well, i better get going! see you guys for dinner." he says.

"bye dobe's son." papa says, ruffling his hair. although papa doesn't show it, i know deep down, he loves bolt as his own son. 

"bye boruto! remember to be here by 6:30." mama reminds him. he nods and heads out the door. 

without thinking, i automatically go after him.

"wow princess, fancy of you to join me here." he laughs. i smack his arm. "i could go back right now." i say, heading towards the door. 

"no! come back!" he says, grabbing my arm. i laugh. "yup." 

"anyways, what do ya need, salad?" he asks, opening the car door. i look at him. 

i raise two fingers, and poke them into his forehead. he then smiles and gives my forehead a small peck. his cheeks also turn a slight pink as he swings his keys around. 

i could feel my cheeks burning red, but that didn't matter.

"see ya later!" he yells, starting his car.

"bye bolt." i smile. he then backs out of my house, and soon he's gone. 

i place two of my fingers on my forehead, remembering the moment. i could feel my cheeks burning even more now. i then smile and walk back inside. 

"oh no. her cheeks are red. what happened now?" mama asks, concerned. i shake my head and grab my suitcases. i then head upstairs, ignoring every single question mama asked.

he kissed me.

boruto's pov 

uh oh uzumaki. when did you get the courage to kiss her? 

all she did was giving you a poke and you kissed her forehead?

AND you have a girlfriend? 

i groan and keep on driving. i turn left, then right, and go straight. another turn and i was home.

parking my car in the driveway, i grab my suitcase. i see inojin's car and i freeze.

shoot. i went earlier than them, and i came later? 

i grab the key to my house and open the door. "I'M HOME!" i yell. mom comes out, covering me in hugs. "oh my goodness boruto! i missed you!" she says, hugging me more.

"well, i'm home now mom!" i smile. she then breaks out of the hug. "i heard from hima we're going to sarada's for dinner." she softly smiles. hearing sarada's name, i automatically think about what just happened. my cheeks turn red.

mom notices it. "why are you blushing?" she smiles, a giggle almost escaping her lips. i look away. "no reason." i cut it short. i then look around.

so much has happened to me, and here i was. it felt like my home never changed. 

"whatever you say, bolt. i guess i'll just have to ask sarada.." she sighs. my cheeks turn even redder. how was i going to talk to sarada if i get butterflies, just thinking about her name?

"fine mom. before i left her house, she came out and poked my forehead. then i gave her a small.. peck on the forehead." i say. mom squeals, as if she just got the best news in her life.

"oh my goodness! i need to tell sakura, or hima!" she squeals. i groan and grab my suitcases, heading upstairs. i then go into my old man's office, seeing him asleep on his table. i smile to myself and leave his office.

entering my room, nothing had changed. it was still blue, the bed in the corner. my desk sat across from it, along with a bookcase that was mostly filled with sarada's books. there laid my closet, and a small picture of sarada and i as kids on the desk.

it was a rainy day, and mom desperately got a picture. looking back, we were so tiny and innocent. 

this girl.. i think to myself, smiling wider than before. 

[ this image is not mine, all rights go to the owner! ] 

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

chapter twenty four - done! 

author's note - 

hey guys! i hope you enjoyed this chapter. :))

i do NOT own the naruto / boruto series. 

word count - 991 

stay safe! i love you guys so so much. <3