'I don't like to talk about it'

Steve POV

I followed Madeline in and I can tell this place does not bring happy memories. As she walked she occasionally stopped, just for a few seconds but I could tell she had something replaying in her mind. 

"Stark have you located the item?" I said whilst looking at Madeline who seemed to be out of it.

"Noooooo, but I found a secret door" Tony replied, I could practically here him smiling .

"You are aware I know you are probably looking for the sceptre" Madeline interjected

"Oh yeah?" I asked

"Yeah, I know what's being kept here." She tailed of, I think she had something else to say but I didn't want to push her any more although I don't fully trust her.

~

Natasha POV

After the rest of them came back I could tell something was up, especially with Madeline. Although Strucker was in custody and we had the sceptre. 

Most people wouldn't be able to see it but she had the slightest bit of emotion residing on her face. But I am not most people. When Stark wandered into the lab I walked over to her. 

"What did you see?" I asked, knowing I would have to be direct if I wanted answers

"Memories I didn't want to"

"What were they"

"I don't want to talk about it. Honestly I don't know why actually went, I am supposed to be under questioning or something, I went because of the enhanced and one of you guys got shot. So if I can't do the reason why I came" she shrugged and tailed off.

"Ok, look I know these guys dont trust you..."

"With good reason." She interjected

"But you are part of my family to they will and memories can be tough. Have you been there before."

"Yeah, um I was there for months, one of the first successful test subjects and I was also trained to be able to contain Pietro and Wanda, like I already said, which is a job and a half. "

"Well Agent Hill gave us a summary of their skills but I didn't really understand it. At all. And you know how to contain them so if you could just reiterate that would be great."

"Wanda is smarter but not stronger and Pietro is the opposite but is also protective. You want to beat them, get them alone."

"Alright"

"Or simply get them to find a common ground with you"

"And how easy would that be?"

"The one thing they hate the most is probably Stark, thats why they volunteered in the first place. So if you want to find common ground you need something which they don't like and neither do you"

"Ok then. You sure you don't want to talk about... whatever it is you remembered when you were down there?"

"I already said I don't like to talk about it. Just never again"

And with that she walked away. I'll talk to her later though right now into the lab to find some common ground.