Safe house

Madeline POV

Clint landed the Quinjet just as the sun was coming up. He hadn't yet told ay of us where we where. We walked out and Clint had his arm around Nat to stabilise her and the rest of us all followed behind.

"What is this place?" questioned Thor.

"A safe house?" replied Tony. Half sarcastic but half questioning but either way, received a raised eyebrow from Thor.

"Let's hope," Clint answered, slightly glancing over his shoulder before proceeding to open the door. "Honey? I'm home" he called as we all walked in. 

Seconds later a woman stepped out of the kitchen seeming shocked at the sight of so many people in her living room. "Hi. Company. Sorry I didn't call ahead." said a slightly nervous Hawkeye.

"This is an agent of some kind" Tony said attempting to reason whilst looking around.

"Gentlemen, this is Laura" Clint said before nodding at me as well. Guess he forgot I don't exactly fit into the gentlemen category.

"I know all your names," she replied a little awkwardly but awed.

Tony gave a small awkward wave as the others looked at her in slight confusion. They really did seem out of place, especially Thor and Cap/Sarge in their bright outfits. 

As if they had sensed the awkwardness, a small patter of footsteps could be heard running down some stairs. Clint slightly broke away as he head towards the noise. "Incoming" he said.

I reached down to my holster before noticing that it was actually just children coming who were greeted with a hug from Clint. "I see her!" Clint said picking up a girl and kissing her on the head and side hugged another. "Hey buddy. How are you guys doing?"

Tony, still confused by the whole situation again tried to reason. "These are.... smaller agents,"

"Did you bring Auntie Nat?" the girl asked. Who exactly are these kids?

"Why don't you hug her and find out" Nat replied as she walked towards them. In return the girl ran into her arms.

"Sorry for barging in on you" Steve said to Laura trying to be polite.

"Yeah, we would have called ahead but we were too busy having no idea you existed." Tony added still struggling to make sense of it all.

"Yeah, well Fury helped me set this up when I joined. He kept it off SHIELD's files, I'd like to keep it that way. I figured it's a good place to lay low." Clint explained.

I glanced at Thor as I heard a crunch underfoot. It was a small broken LEGO house on the ground which Thor was now brushing under the sofa with his foot. I smiled a little at this.

"How's little Natasha?" Nat asked Laura gesturing to the Lady's stomach.

"She's... Nathaniel" Laura replied hesitantly. 

Natasha slowly leaned down to look at her stomach.

"Traitor."

The young girl walked over to Thor and looked up at him. The Asgardian looked down for a second before getting a distant look in his eye. The toaster went off which seemed as a signal for Thor to come back to reality before he started to walk out of the house followed by Steve. Seconds later there was a 'whoosh' and glancing out the window I saw what I assumed was Thor flying off.

I walked around a bit, confused as to what was going on. There were toys everywhere and, well it definitely seemed a lot happier as to where I was before. One of the children came up to me just as she did Thor. "Hi, I'm Lila what's your name?" she asked. I really hope these people aren't smaller agents.

"Madeline" I replied. Not entirely comfortable with the situation.

"Cool" she smiled. "Wanna come and play with me?" 

"Sure."