Epilogue

Mads POV

Two weeks had passed faster than I had expected. Honestly now I was kind of excited to go but I wasn't going to admit that was I.

Clint had come to pick me up and he had brought Lila along with him. As he turned around to Avengers compound Lila ran towards where Wanda and I were standing. Clint stood still, smiling before walking over to Steve and my aunt and beginning a conversation.

Lila was running and shrieking as Wanda was chasing her a bit. 

"I'm going to catch you" Wanda laughed

"You'll never catch me" Lila laughed back

*Flashback*

The house was on fire, my mum had just run back in, 'one more thing'. People in black were coming out of vans. I was hiding in what was our garden. I accidentally met eye-contact with one of the people. They turned around calling some people before walking towards me. 

Once I had realised they were  actually coming for me they were less than 10 meters away and I began to run. 

"There's no point running, where are you going to go" a voice called out from being=d me

"You'll never catch me" I taunted back.

*Flashback over*

They did, they caught me. Hearing Lila say that reminded me of that day, that moment. Normally, I could control my emotions but recently I had been made to talk about them and actually feel leaving me more vulnerable than I would like to be. It felt as if all those feelings that hadn't been expressed yet decided to all come out at once. Right now.

Wanda POV

"Um, Wanda" Maddie said turning to me, slightly hyperventilating. I had Lila in my arms but at this I set her down ushering her to go back to her father.

I walked closer to Maddie, I had seen this before. Multiple times. I had wondered why Maddie didn't use this much in Sokovia but now I remembered  that Maddie hadn't fully mastered controlling it yet. Although, usually she could control when it would happen.

I continually walked closer, desperate to attempt to calm her down slightly. I began encasing Maddie with my own powers, trying to avoid a repeat of last time.

Maddie's eyes rolled back to leave them glowing white with a crystal tint and a slight purple, pulsating glow that was only growing with a steam like effect. Before long her whole body was surrounded by a purple outline. 

Shards of water formed around her in a crystallised form as she raised slightly from the ground. Barton had gone inside with his daughter. Steve and Nat had come a little closer but Steve had stopped around 10 meters away whilst Nat only goes that much closer.

"Wha-?" Nat asked.

"When assassin training meets scientific enhancements basically. We just need her to calm down" I explained. I honestly wasn't to sure as to what was going on or how it worked but I just knew that it happened.

"Mads," Natasha started, "I need you to calm down, focus and breathe." Maddie lowered slightly and Natasha kept talking, now in Russian "Отпусти, момент прошел"

(Let go, the moment has passed)

After a few more moments, I was able to lower Maddie back to the ground as she calmed down and stopped glowing. The crystals surrounding her melted and went back to plain water. Maddie's feet touched the ground as she stopped glowing completely before collapsing.

"Well that's new" stated Steve