Meeting the Vision

Madeline POV

"I'm sorry, that was...odd. " The machine spoke up. "Thank you." He nodded to Thor who seemed a little bit surprised but also satisfied with the result of hitting things with his hammer.

"Thor, you helped create this?" Steve questioned, honestly confused as to what had just happened.

"I've had a vision. A whirlpool that sucks in all hope of life and at its centre is that." He announced pointing toward to whatever what it was.

"What, the gem?" Banner questioned, pointing to the gem residing in the forehead of the machine. Which was probably what Thor was pointing to, which makes more sense.

"It's the Mind Stone. It's one of the six Infinity Stones, the greatest power in the universe, unparalleled in its destructive capabilities." Thor announced. Wow, that vision was informative. I could have used that when I was in training. All I would have to do would have visions rather than pay attention.

"Then why would you bring it to..." Steve questioned reminding me that I was supposed to be paying attention.

"Because Stark is right." Thor reasoned taking everyone by surprise, even Stark.

"Oh, it's definitely the end times." I stated as I started to turn to walk out before being blocked as Steve turned me around. "Why" I moaned receiving only a look that you would usually get from a parent or teacher telling you to shush.

"The Avengers cannot defeat Ultron." Thor continued

"Not alone." It agreed.

"Why does your "vision" sound like JARVIS?" Steve questioned.

"When did I miss the naming of-" I questioned. Only getting more looks. I mean it's a decent name but... "Ohhhh, cause of Thor's... right." I nodded. I was getting soft, normally I would pick that up. I should probably sleep.

"We...we reconfigured JARVIS' matrix to create something new." Tony finally spoke up.

"I think I've had my fill of new." Steve stated as he shook his head slightly.

"You think I'm a child of Ultron?" Vision questioned.

"You're, not?" I asked. "because the only part that he didn't do was Thor's hammer thing."

"I'm not Ultron. I'm not JARVIS. I am...I am." Vision started

"Well Tony made Ultron so technically it wasn't him." Clint reasoned, continuing my point.

"So then technically it was." I stated. I am really not being helpful, neither was Clint.

"I looked in your head and saw annihilation." Wanda stated, at once stopping our conversation with her voice.

"Look again." Vison gestured to his head as he stated.

"Yeah. Her seal of approval means jack to me." Clint grunted, folding his arms as he did.

"Their powers, the horrors in our heads, Ultron himself, they all came from the Mind Stone, and they're nothing compared to what it can unleash. But with it on our side..." Thor started to reason, he began to sound like he was quoting some motivational speech.

"Is it? Are you? On our side?" Steve questioned.

"I don't think it's that simple." Vison stated reasoning with both himself and everyone listening.

"Well it better get real simple real soon." Clint stated, clearly out of patience.

"I am on the side of life. Ultron isn't, he will end it all." Vison responded as if it was a completely normal topic of conversation.