Friday

The next day was pretty rough. Jack was just being congratulated by the guys that he had gotten a pretty good student in detention. He couldn't ignore the fact that he had hated doing that. He was pretty sure Ennis hated him because Jack didn't even see him around. He knew he was there since he had spotted Alma a few times and she would give him a look that said he should stay away from Ennis.

At lunch, he sat at the table with Adam, but his attention was across the room, where he could see Ennis and Alma talking. He knew he should go over there and apologize, but would have no idea what to say. He knew Ennis shouldn't be this mad since the bet had only lasted two days. Maybe it was just the fact that Jack had lied to him. And then there was the fact that Jack had asked for more time.

"I'm fucked, man," Jack said, looking over at Adam, who was nearly finished with his food. Jack hadn't even touched his. "How the hell am I gonna get through tomorrow?" He gestured toward Ennis' table. "Especially with the fact that he can beat me to a fuckin' pulp?"

"Keep your voice down about that," Adam said. "Don't want rumors goin' around that a fag can beat you up."

"He's not--"

"You said it yesterday."

Jack sighed and looked down at his food. He grabbed his small bag of chips and opened it. "I'd rather be in detention with someone that doesn't have the strength to kill me," he said.

"That's what you get for fuckin' up with football."

"I ain't cut out for that."

"I can always sneak someone in for ya," Adam suggested. "That sexy rose, Emily, was askin' about ya again." He smirked. "You haven't banged her yet, so--"

"Then I get more detention for when Ennis tells the principal that I didn't help with that assignment," Jack said, eating some chips. He shook his head. "Besides, Emily will be at that party tomorrow."

"I could fuck her for you."

Jack rolled his eyes at Adam. "There are other things to think about than what goes on in your pants."

"Really?" Adam asked. "Jack, you haven't hung around that fag long enough--"

"Quit callin' him that," Jack said, glancing over at Ennis once. When he caught Alma's eye, he looked away. "He's already mad enough as it is. Have that nickname floatin' around and it'll be more than just me and him in detention."

"Okay, it's dropped," Adam said and it really sounded like he meant it. "But, what's up with you?"

Jack looked at Adam. "What do you mean?"

"I mean, you're defending him," Adam said, gesturing to Ennis. He lowered his hand. "And comin' from you, I can't actually believe there's more to life than what's in your pants."

Jack didn't really want to get into this with Adam. "I gotta take a dump," he said then got up and walked out of the cafeteria without looking back.

----------------------------------------------------------

Alma sat down across from Ennis at lunch like they normally did. "Feelin' better?" she asked.

Ennis looked up from his writings and looked at her. He hadn't touched his food yet. "Could've been worse," he said, holding his pencil in both hands and staring at it. "I managed not to get humiliated in front of the entire school." He went back to writing.

Alma turned her head to catch Jack looking their way. She glared at him, wishing she could do something to make him learn his lesson. When he looked away, she looked back at Ennis. "How long will you be in detention?"

"Nine to four," Ennis replied. He paused and looked at her. "What are you gonna do all day?"

"Probably work on that essay that's needed next week," Alma said. "Unless you want to go over it together." That class was what he was being tutored for. She hadn't been able to tutor him herself.

"That's okay," Ennis said, closing his notebook and putting it away. "You're probably got a lot of it done anyway."

Alma nodded then turned her head again. Ennis followed her gaze just in time to see Jack walk out of the cafeteria, looking irked about something. Ennis was still mad about the day before, but something kept nagging at him. The fact that Jack had seemed guilty quite often before Ennis found out the truth. Had he not wanted to do that to Ennis? It was hard to believe with someone like him.

"Don't."

"What?" Ennis asked, looking over at her.

"I know that look," Alma said. "Don't see what his problem is. He can handle it all on his own."

----------------------------------------------------------------

And Jack did. Well, he gave himself a distraction so he wouldn't have to think about anything.

After school, he had tracked down Emily. They snuck off and met up under the bleachers. The game wasn't until later that evening, but the football team was out practicing. No one could see them under here.

"I've been looking forward to this all year," Emily said, their arms wrapped around each other. Despite the fact that she was practically flaunting her horniness, Jack wasn't turned on though he knew he needed this. She didn't seem to even notice his predicament.

"Well, I had to beat Adam from pickin' you up."

"Adam? The quarterback?" Emily said. "Damn, he's SO hot!" She dropped down to her knees and started unfastening his jeans. "He makes me so wet." A moment later, he was in her mouth and all his problems were laid aside for now.

"You think he'll fuck me?" she asked, looking up at him.

Jack couldn't believe he was actually having this conversation. Talking about his best friend while she was sucking him off should be a gigantic turn-off, but he was achingly hard and needed release desperately.

"I'm...sure he will," Jack said, moaning as she ran her tongue up along his shaft. "He'll be at that party tomorrow night."

Emily abruptly stopped and rose to her feet. "I better go ask him!" she said then was gone without looking back. Leaving Jack to tend to himself.

Jack shook his head then turned, slowly starting to stroke himself. He closed his eyes after a moment, keeping his breathing steady as he jerked off, imagining any girl to help him along.

"Jack?"

"Fuck!" Jack said, finding himself cumming at the sound of Ennis's voice. He couldn't exactly stop now and knew Ennis now realized what was going on. "Wait!" he said as Ennis walked off. He quickly fastened his jeans then hurried after Ennis. "If it means anything, I had a girl with me at first."

Ennis ignored him as he climbed up to the bleachers and sat down. Jack hesitated then stepped forward. "What're you doin' here anyway?" he asked, looking up at Ennis.

"The coach asked me to give him a hand with something," Ennis said. "Apparently I'm strong."

Jack nodded his head, remembering the fight. "Uh...sorry about--"

"Just be glad a teacher didn't catch you," Ennis said. He looked down at Jack. "You need to find a better spot for privacy."

"I didn't think it'd take that long."

Ennis rolled his eyes and looked forward. Jack turned his head when he heard Adam and the others coming closer. He turned and quickly left before anyone could catch him talking to Ennis.

----------------------------------------------------------

Jack didn't go to the game that night. He just went straight home. His parents were home, but not speaking to each other. His dad was sitting in the living room watching TV while his mom was cleaning up in the kitchen. He headed upstairs to his room, closing and locking the door.

He wasn't looking forward to tomorrow. Detention was going to be hell even though Ennis hadn't seemed all that upset when Jack had talked to him earlier that day. Surely Ennis hadn't forgiven him that easily.

He laid down on the bed, dreading tomorrow.