-𝕆𝕟𝕖-

"This is the place." Eren huffed with his gaze traveling from the bottom of the colorful building, all the way to its sign. He shaded his hand over his eyes from the sun's raze as he muttered, "The Brew."

The door's bell chimed behind him as he strode carefully into the brightly lit shop. He took in a quick sweep of the colorful scenery and considered the amount filled chairs all around, nodding with a push lip in brief awe.

The potent scent of coffee and baked goods lingering in the air, wrapped around his nostrils and tickling his stomach

The potent scent of coffee and baked goods lingering in the air, wrapped around his nostrils and tickling his stomach. And then there was the music.

Trying to catch the beat, Eren began nodding offbeat against the hip soundtrack playing overhead. So much so, he almost collided with a couple on their way out. "My bad." He swerved out of the way at the last second and looked over his shoulder before looking ahead.

He squeezed the strap of his laptop bag. Though it did little to release his nerves, he could sense the lighthearted yet chill environment Armin described numerous times over the phone.

He then took his steps over to the counter where two young, brown-skinned females stood. One busy fixing a drink on the machines and the other wiping circles on the counter with a white cloth.

She had neat twists reaching down to her waist, this one.

Despite not wanting to interrupt her lip syncing session, he cleared his throat over his fist. "Excuse me," he said. "My name's Eren Jaeger. I'm here for my 2:30 interview. Is the owner free to be seen right now or...?"

Her hand stopped, and her eyes lifted up to the towering male's face. Almost immediately she screwed up her own out of sheer disbelief. "You're the one who's taking the interview?" She sized him from waist up, not just once but twice.

 "You're the one who's taking the interview?" She sized him from waist up, not just once but twice

Then she shook her head. "Ion believe you."

He frowned. "What? But-"

"Yeah, no." She folded her arms and leaned into her right foot. "The way you walkin' up in here lookin' homeless and claimin' you got an interview is real suspicious-like." She squinted. "How I know you not a serial killer? Or a thief 'bout to hold me at gunpoint. And while we're on the topic, you lookin' a lil' too busted for an interviewee, sir. No suit. No tie. No nothin'."