-𝔼𝕝𝕖𝕧𝕖𝕟-

𝔸/ℕ: 𝕋𝕙𝕖 𝕒𝕣𝕥 𝕦𝕤𝕖𝕕 𝕚𝕟 𝕥𝕙𝕚𝕤 𝕔𝕙𝕒𝕡𝕥𝕖𝕣 𝕨𝕒𝕤 𝕕𝕠𝕟𝕖 𝕓𝕪 𝕄𝕖𝕝𝕠𝕟𝕠𝕚𝕕𝕀𝕟𝕜. 𝔽𝕠𝕦𝕟𝕕 𝕠𝕟 ℙ𝕚𝕟𝕥𝕖𝕣𝕖𝕤𝕥.

When you finished counting the money, you called Eren from putting up the last few chairs to count after you. When that was all said and done, he watched you put the money in the safe, and you returned to assist with the clean-up. You plucked one of the brooms from leaning up against the wall beside you and took it on the left side of the room.

The atmosphere in the room fell slightly awkward, and either of you could feel it nipping at your insides. But neither wanted to speak out first. Especially not Eren. And you certainly weren't obligated to raise a conversation, but part of you wanted to try. Even if the conversation itself fell flat. he wouldn't be able to say that you hadn't.

"I was actually gonna try apologizing to you first when you clocked in," you said.

Eren put a pause on hefting the last chair then twisted himself around with a cocked eyebrow. He said it for the hell of it before, but now it truly felt like you were the one acting weird now.

His lack of response lifted your eyes onto him to see. "What?" You pushed them back to the floor.

"If I'm being honest, I didn't think you would. You sounded like you were dead set on keeping your real apology." When he fixed his gaze properly, he realized the pouty frown sitting on your lips.

"Well I'm giving it to you now...Sorry."

"For...?" he tried dragging it out of you.

"Tsk." You sounded a groan. "For making you feel like crap and trying to hit you over it."

It brought about a weak half-smile to his lips. "It's not the best apology in the world but, I'll take what I can get." He turned back to place the chair up on the surface. "Thanks."

"You better had. 'Cause I'm not doing it again."

He breathed a chuckled through his nose and shook his head away. "Sure." He walked off to grab the next broom and went to the other side of the room to start.

"So like," your eyes flicked from him then back to the floor. "How long've you been taking pictures."

He briefly glanced up to you again, while guiding the few paper napkins backward to the counter. It took him a second to piece together what you were getting at. "It's been a hobby since 8th grade."

"And do you still take pictures and all that?" Like a real photographer or something? Or is it like an every now and then thing?"

Oh, he thought. That half-smile, though still weak, became complete. Seeing you put the effort in to try and start a clean slate made him feel nice for once this time. "It's my major actually."

"What do you actually take pictures of?"

"The streets, for the most part, but I've tried branching out here and there to try and see if there're other things I could do. That way I'd be a bit more versatile, 'cause y'know...I might be able to do something more with my future if I can."

"Like a freelancer?"

He nodded. "Exactly. When I tried and considered my options, in the end, I felt like photographing for events like weddings and birthdays might be cool to try. And maybe I could do it for models, too."

"Can I see?" You took a pause from the crumb and napkin pile you already collected.

"See what?"