-𝕋𝕖𝕟-

After your lunch break, Jermaine dropped you back to school for your last class and drove up to the cafe for his shift. During which, he worked alongside Historia, Eren, Armin, Yvonne, and Celine, who was soon to come off of her shift. The day went passed by normally, until he accidentally caught wind of some information about the other day, via Historia.

Two days after that, you were scheduled to close up with Eren, whom you hadn't seen since the argument. For the entire day, even when you clocked in, your brain wracked over the different ways you could possibly go about this. Making amends with him, that is. You weren't completely over how you felt, but you were woman enough to try and put the whole thing behind you.

Minutes later, Eren walked into the room. He kept his head straight and his face hard, not that you could see much of it anyhow. One thing you did notice for sure, was how the young male's brown locks curtained his face.

You narrowed your eyes suspiciously and followed him without saying a word until he disappeared behind the kitchen door. He reminded you of yourself on his first day of training when you were dog tired and ultimately couldn't be bothered.

You glanced at the clock behind you to see the same and noticed that he was already in the middle of using his grace period. Within the next minute, he returned and stood at the desktop, mouth still sealed. Not even a forced hey or good afternoon. He must've been even more pissed off than you originally thought.

"Sorry," he muttered.

You gave him a quick size up then felt confusion wrinkling into your forehead.

"I was wrong for getting in your face and taking my problems out on you like that the other day. It was out of place for me to do and say all that stuff to you, but I swear it won't happen again, so...I'm sorry."

Your shoulders did a little shimmy when tucking your arms into each other. Still, you were trying to process what this was all about? "Are you good?" Because the only reason he ever said the word 'sorry' in the first place, was because his job was on the line. Not out of sincerity.

"I'm fine." It was a dry and flat tone he tried to convince you with.

"No...You're acting weird." He refused to even spare you a glance. Were you even in his view?

"There's nothing weird about me apologizing," he said.

You zeroed in on the top of his head. "And what's with your hair?" You leaned in a bit closer to inspected it further. "Did you forget to bring a hair tie before you left the house?" You pulled back

He placed a hand on it. "I didn't forget. And aren't you the one who's acting weird? Why're you acting like you don't know anything?"

You blinked back into narrowing lids. The amount of bafflement you were experiencing began to show in your continuously scrunched face. "And what exactly am I supposed to know?"

"S'cuse me dear." A young white woman placed her teacup back on the counter. "I'd like a refill on my latte, please."

"Sure, no problem." You took the cup's handle and brought it back to the machine. You got started right away on grounding those dark roasted beans and filled the milk in a separate cup. Once the expresso finished, you poured the milk in once it nearly reached the top, carefully went back and forth to create its basic signature pattern. "Here you are, ma'am."

She raised the cup as if to tip her hat off to you and went to go sit back down.

He draped his fingers off the edge of the counter. "You're gonna keep playing dumb now? I know you told Jermaine about what happened the other day."