Chapter 34: Lost

Normal pov

Lan Shizui is walking fast toward unplanned direction. Thinking that taking a walk for a bit will calm his heart.

Calm down, you know he likes him. That kind of scene is something that's possible

The original plan of walking for a bit turns out into walking for an hour. He snapped from his messy thoughts when an old man grabbed his wrist.

"Young man! You wanna die?!"

Lan Shizui looked at the old man before looking at the ground.

A cliff.

"Ah, no. This one is having a deep thought until he forgot to pay attention to the road. This one thanks sir for saving his life" Lan Shizui bow politely.

"I'm not doing anything big. Now go home, you can't mindlessly walk around like that. Its dangerous" said the old man before he walked away. Lan Shizui gave him another bow.

"Now... where am I..." Lan Shizui mumbles. He truly didn't pay attention to the road. Which is bad and there's also a rule to stay focused and pay attention to surrounding.

"I'll ask for a punishment when I get back later" he unsheathed his sword and hop on it. He flew high in the sky to check his location. But to his surprise, the scenery that greeted him is an unlimited forest.

"Wha..."

Illusion? Probably. Let's try to search for a way.

Thus, he began to ride his sword around just to find more trees, a never ending forest.

This is bad..

He stayed still for a moment. Thinking whether the signal flare will be seen by his friend if he use it.

The old man....

He looks around and try to find the old man. He looks very old and walk very slow, he shouldn't have walked far from their meeting spot.

Lan Shizui turns back to the spot where he met the old man's and try to look around for his presence. But he found no one.

This is bad...

He get down and slowly walk around. Trying to remember the way he took. He looks around to find any clues but there's none. Not even animals. Only plants.

If he is Jingyi, he is sure already cry out loud right now. But because he is not him, he try to calm down and think about what happened to him.

I only walk for bit. It's impossible to go that far from Jingyi and Jin Ling. Did someone make this illusion as a trap? But who and for what?

He stumbled upon a cave and after thinking for a while he decided to rest there.

He brings out his guqin and start to play inquiry. Trying to find any souls that can tell him about this place. But no one answer him.

A place where no animals nor souls.

Very strange.

He sighed and went up to light the signal flare. He doesn't have any choice, he needs to find a way out or asking for help. But finding a way out might took some times, so he should try the signal flare first.

He went back to the cave and pull out his spare robe. He put it on the ground and lay down on top of it.

It's so quiet. Not even the sounds of bugs can be heard.

Jingyi....
Jin Ling....

He closed his eyes and somehow... he fell asleep...

-----------------------------------
Jin Ling pov