Chapter 37: Adult's here!

Lan Jingyi POV

I am still playing around with dirt when suddenly the name I wrote exchanged into another word by itself. I yelped and fall back, hitting the tree behind me.

'A ghost!!'

"What happened?!" Jin Ling popped up from a bush, which scares me even more, so I throw the stick I was holding to his face.

"Ouch!!! The hell?!" Jin Ling glares at me.

"Oh my god, I am sorry! I am scared and you just popped out of nowhere. So, it is a reflex to throw anything available for self-defense" I stand up and walk toward him.

I grabbed an ointment from my pouch and gently apply it to the red mark on his forehead.

Jin Ling huffed.

"Self-defense? From what? Ghost? You think you can beat ghost with just stick?"

"I mean, at least I try to do something... But it is a ghost! Look!"

I pointed at the dirt.

Jin Ling pushed me aside and squat down to see the writing. After a few minutes he gasped too.

"See? It is so creepy to the point I-"

"You dumb! This is a message from Shizui!" Jin Ling hurriedly grab stick and write down a something.

I get closer and saw the message from Shizui,

"I am here. I don't know where it is. But there is no way out. No animal, spirit, nor bugs. I am still trying to find the way out. You guys please be safe. I love you both"

Jin Ling sighed. I can see that he is smilling a little.

"At least he is safe" Jin Ling said.

'I am glad you are safe, Shizui. Jingyi and I are still searching on how to get you. They said you have 5 days at most to figure it out. Not really sure what that mean tho. I sent letter to uncle Wei and Han Guangjun so they will soon come and help. Don't worry and just stay alive'

"Isn't the last sentence kinda harsh?" I mumbled. Jin Ling turn his face to me and scowl.

"I want him to stay alive" Jin Ling stated. He stands up and circling around, waiting for a reply.

Jin Ling stare at the ground, his stare is so intense that I thought Shizui might feel it too.

But strangely, even after few times passed, Shizui didn't reply back.

Jin Ling started panicking again and started to write a bunch of short messages to express his worry. And like a dumb people I am, I only watch from the side.

"Maybe he's walking around to gather food or need to use bathroom?" I try to calm Jin Ling down. Which, as usual, only ended up with a cute face glaring at me.

After 30 minutes of waiting, Shizui finally reply.
'Sorry, I am just back from gathering some fruits'

We read that sentence and look at Jin Ling with 'you see?' face, got a light smack on my back tho. Reminds me of why we call him young mistress.

I grab the stick from Jin Ling's hand and write down a short message before dragging Jin Ling back to the inn.

'It's okay, Shizui. Our mistress is just being paranoid. Anyway, we will go back to the inn to eat and wait for your parents. So, stay safe!'
----------------------------------
*at the inn*

"We finally found a way to communicate with him and you choose to drag me back to fucking eat lunch?!" Jin Ling smack on the table while I munch my rice.

"You are too stressed. Just eat" I put a piece of fish to his mouth and he spit it back to my face. "Hey!"

"I don't want to eat. I can't eat! How can you be so calm?!" Jin Ling scowling at my face.

"But Shizui just gathered his food, which means its time for him to eat and he won't reply our message for a while" call me low, but I ate the fish Jin Ling's spat at me. Its not good to waste on food.

Jin Ling went silent for a few seconds before calming down and grab his chosptick.

"Also, that was gross. Eating something spitted by someone"

"It's not someone, it's yo-"

Jin Ling glare.

"Sorry"

Just after Jin Ling calmly started eating. A loud noises can be heard outside and not long after that, someone kicked the door open.

"WHERE THE FUCK IS MY SON?!!"

---------------------------
Hello everyone!!!!

Thank you for always waiting for me to continue this story. I always received notification for this fanfiction almost daily! Whether its from my old readers or the new ones who just joined our journey.

I feel grateful that you guys still like this cringey af story ToT
I LOVE Y'ALL

Here is a little update to the story since everyone is being so kind to me ><
Hopefully my lazy ass can write more often~

xoxo