Until you weakness vs strength Part 10

Chapter 81

Charlie

The whole journey to the hospital I held onto Mia's hand, she told me what had happened during the attack. I was fuming with rage though I didn't show this to her, I stayed calm the whole time she was telling me everything. We got to the hospital and I thanked the paramedics. We went into the hospital and got directed to where we had to go for the cat scan. We were only there a few minutes when Mia got called in. I was asked to wait outside the room. So I sat back down and picked up Mia's bag and put it on the chair next to me. Martin came and sat with me. Just as we are talking, Mia's phone starts ringing, so I got it out of her bag and answered it.

"Hello, Mia's phone."

"Hello, please can I speak to Miss Mia Ward?"

"Can I ask who is calling? Please."

"Of course, I am PC Brompton with Nottingham Police. Am I talking to Mr Charlie Brooks, her Partner?"

"Yes, Mia is unavailable at the moment as she is in the hospital having a cat scan."

"Ok, I will tell you why I am calling and if you can please pass the information on to Miss Ward, I will be most grateful."

"Yes, of course I will."

"Ok, We need Mia to come to the station as soon as possible to give her statement, as we are holding Mr Stenhouse under arrest at Central Police Station in Nottingham and need to know what exactly we are charging him with. And can I ask how is she doing, emotionally?"

"She's being brave, though I think the shock will sink in at some point just how much more serious it could have been if she hadn't fought back."

"Ok, I'm calling you from my direct line. If you could give me a call on this number when you have got home after the hospital and I will come to your property and take a statement, if that is alright. It just needs to be done as soon as possible."

"Yes of course, thank you for your concern."

I hung up the phone and Mia came out, I stood up and gave her a cuddle. She told me that they wanted to have an X-ray too, followed by stitches in her head. I told her about the Policeman calling and what he had said. Just as we were about to sit down she was called into the room for the X-ray. I sat back down and the only thing that was going through my head was where Steve was and how I felt towards him. I stood up and handed Mia's bag to Martin.

"You stay here with Mia, I'm taking your car and I won't be long." Martin handed me his keys.

"Where are you going, sir?" Martin asked.

"I need to do something and if I don't go now, I won't get another chance." My mind was fixed on one thing and one thing only. I walked out of the hospital and got in the car and drove out of the hospital car park, I could feel my blood boiling inside.

I parked outside Central Police Station and walked through the main doors.

As I stood for a moment I saw PC Kirsty Argent, she was the Police Officer that handled the situation with James. She stopped and began talking to me.

"Mr Brooks, what are you doing here?"

"Steve Stenhouse, where is he being held?"

"Who?"

"Steve Stenhouse, he attacked my girlfriend Mia!" Just saying that out loud is making me more angry.

"Oh Crikey, is she ok?"

"No! Where is he?"

"There isn't any Steve Stenhouse here. Though there is a Ryan Stenhouse being held here."