until you, weakness vs strength part 1

Chapter 1

May

Charlie

Mia looks at me and says

"What?" She says, she looks nervous.

"Move in with me......I want us to live together."

"Erm...."

"Well you're at mine most of the time anyway, so move in with me and we won't have to say goodbye everytime one of us goes home."

"I know but..."

"But what Mia?"

"It will be different."

"I know it will be perfect, we wont have to say goodbye!" I say, eager for her to agree.

I don't get it, why isn't she saying yes

"Mia! why aren't you saying yes!"

"Charlie it's complicated!"

"Why is it?" I said abruptly.

She looks around the room nervously.

"This is not the place to be talking about this, I'm going to talk to Sophie." She says moving away from me.

She walked over to Sophie leaving me standing on my own on the dance floor. I don't understand why she is being like this.

It's like she's avoiding the question and now avoiding me. I thought she'd be really happy.

I went over to the table and sat down, watching her talking to Sophie.

The next few hours Mia avoids me, making excuses to talk to other people rather than sitting with me. It had me questioning our relationship. I can't help but think that she doesn't want a future with me anymore.

At the end of the party after saying goodbye to everyone we got into my car drove back to Mia's. She's quiet, I looked at her and she's staring out the window. She's so beautiful and amazing in every way, I can't see my life without her now and I worry that I have put this on her too soon and have made her panic.

I know that she panics when she's questioned about Marriage and kids but I'm not sure why as I've seen her with her younger cousins and friends kids and she is great with them, she glows when she's around them. I know she wants kids just maybe not with me... I think.

The whole car journey home is awkward and quiet when we pull up at Mia's we sit in silence for a few minutes.

"I don't understand what I've done wrong, I thought you'd be happy, Mia can we please talk about this?"

She just glares at me.

"Mia, please answer me, if you don't want to move in with me then just say."

She looks down and says; "It's not that I don't want to move in with you."

"Then what is it?"

"It's them," She says looking at her house.

"Ah I get it you don't want to leave Mummy's house because you'd be leaving the people that support you!" I say sarcastically. As soon as I said it I regretted it.

Mia just stared at me and then got out of the car, slamming the door shut she walked towards her house. I hit the steering wheel with my hand.

"Shit! Shit! Shit!"

I got out of my car and rushed, following Mia into the house.

"Mia I'm Sorry!" I call out after her.