Until you weakness vs strength Part 12

Chapter 101

Mia

A week passed and everyday I called Katie to see how she was doing. Last week was a real scare but she and her unborn baby are doing fine.

Today we are off to Rochdale in Greater Manchester to join Peter and Emily for their rehearsal dinner and their Wedding tomorrow.

We got dressed and left Nottingham in Charlie's car around 10am. We arrived at the Woodthorpe Hotel in Rochdale, in just over an hour and a half. The hotel looks lovely. We got out of the car and grabbed our bags and checked in, then went up to our room.

We spend some time in the room relaxing then have showers and get ready to go out.

We dress up for the rehearsal dinner. Charlie looks very handsome in his grey suit. I wore a short black off the shoulder dress. It has white flowers on it around the chest line leading down to my waist. I wore my hair in a bun with my fringe halved and curled hanging down either side of my face. I wore my black sparkly heels and a white shawl. We got a taxi to the Bellavista Restaurant.

As soon as we walked in I saw Sophie and Will so we headed over to them and gave them hugs. Will is wearing a smart black suit and Sophie is wearing a black and gold jumpsuit, her hair is wavy and down.

Charlie and Will headed over to the bar and got us all a drink. As Peter and Emily arrived the crowd cheered. They looked so happy to see that so many people had come and they made their way through the crowd greeting everyone with hugs and kisses. As they reached us; Peter dashed over to Charlie, giving him the biggest hug and Emily to me. They both looked great. Peter is wearing a royal blue suit with a silk light blue tie and Emily is wearing; a short white, the skirt part is puffed out with silky material that's covered in an embroidered floral design and on the straps too. She looks beautiful. As we were talking Poppy came running over to us. With her arms stretched out, Charlie knelt on the floor and picked her up as she ran into his arms. She lent out towards me and I hugged her too.

As Charlie put her down we were joined by 4 other people.

"Charlie, Mia, Will, Sophie, I'd like to introduce you to our parents." Emily said.

"Malcolm and Cathy are Emily's parents and Ross and Daphne are mine." Peter says pointing to them. We all said hello and shook hands.

Emily turned to her Mum. "Mia and Sophie are my best friends and they are who I wanted as my Bridesmaids."

Her Mum shook her head and made a comment about her niece having to be the only bridesmaid because of the family tradition.

We headed over to a table and sat down, it wasn't long before they began serving the meals. We had a 3 course meal starting with Tomato Soup and a crusty bread roll. The main course was Lamb Shank with mash, veg and a sweet plum gravy. Dessert followed in the form of a Raspberry and White Chocolate Sundae. The food was delicious.

After all the plates had been collected, the lights were turned off and the disco began.

I looked over to the opposite table and waved at Sophie and pointed at the dance floor. She smiled and nodded then grabbed Will's hand. I took hold of Charlie's hand and we all met at the floor in front of the DJ, starting off the dancing. I saw Emily looking at us and I signalled her to come and join us to which she did along with her Cousin Louise.

The evening finishes around half 10. Charlie, Will, Sophie and I shared a taxi back to the hotel and got an early night.

In the morning, I got up early and showered then started getting ready. After Charlie got out of the shower he pulled on his top and joggers then grabbed his suit and kissed me bye and left the room. Going to Peter's suite. I curled my hair and did my makeup then took my dress out of the cover. It's a short white and red strapless dress. The top half white and the bottom red and it puffs out. I put in some small rose stud earrings and a matching necklace. I put on a white shawl and my white heels. Just as I'm admiring myself in the mirror I got a call from Emily. She's in a panic as Louise can't figure out how to tie up her dress and begs me to come and help. I grabbed my purse and left the room. Sophie is there just about to knock. She is wearing a short sparkly black dress that is jewelled around the bust and neck line. I told her I had received a call from Emily needing us and so we headed down the corridor for the nearest lift. We found her room number and knocked, Louise answered looking all flustered, as we came in Emily was sat on the edge of the bed talking to Poppy who was sat in the middle of the big four poster bed holding a basket full of flower petals and smelling them. She looked really sweet in her lilac dress and her hair in curly pigtails tied with white silk ribbons. As we said hello to Emily we could see that she looked really stressed. Sophie poured us all a glass of Bucks Fizz and Poppy had an orange juice. I helped to tie up the back of Emily's dress, her hair and makeup had been done earlier. Then she picked out her necklace so I helped her fasten it under her hanging hair, while she put in her earrings. Then she stood and sighed as she caught her reflection in the mirror and smiled.while we admired her. She was wearing a Mermaid style Wedding dress, it's silky and lacey with straps and a long train.