Asking Her Out (6)

Sorry for the wait! I'm so, so sorry for making you all wait this long! I've been sick since December, AP Biology and English homework-- ugh, now I'm just complaining.

I hope you like this chapter, and thank you all for the votes and comments. They made me so, so happy!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Serin's POV

"So did you hear about the party this weekend?"

Hayi asked, pursing her lips as she reapplied lip gloss. Suhyun merely stared at her nails, looking at them with distaste. I, however, just blinked.

"Party?"

"Yeah," Suhyun started, blowing air on her nails. "Donghyuk's throwing a party soon for Jinhwan's birthday. He was supposed to invite you." Suhyun glanced at me up and down, then scoffed. "Oh wait, guess you didn't make the cut."

I shifted uncomfortably. It's been days since we started this "Project", and since then, I've been getting used to how Suhyun talks to me... but sometimes, she's just plain mean.

Hayi smacked Suhyun's arm. "Su." Hayi eyed her. "Don't be mean."

Suhyun rolled her eyes. "Sorry... Force of habit."

"I-It's fine.." I shifted again.

Suhyun raised here brow at me. "Was I talking to you?"

I closed my mouth, then left to go find Hanbin. I can only handle them for a short period... Not the whole day. Running my fingers through my dark hair, I glanced around, searching for Hanbin or Bobby, but instead came face-to-face with a group of girls that I had never met before.

"Um.." I started awkwardly, taking a few steps back. "Hi?"

A bleached blonde girl, the leader of the group I assume, was the first to speak up. "Who the hell do you think you are?" She, and the rest of her group, eyed me down. "What makes you so special?!"

"Yah! Why do you always get Oppa's attention!?"

"It's not fair!"

"You transfer out of nowhere and suddenly you think YOU'RE Queen Bee??

As they were shouting at me, I noticed that we were slowly but surely gaining a crowd. As the crowd grew, I noticed people were taking out their phones, recording us.

Don't get nervous, stand up for yourself, I told myself. Hanbin and Bobby aren't here to save you now Se.

I noticed as more people were coming, it riled the group even more. But what I didn't notice was the blonde leader coming towards me.... The next thing I knew, I felt my body be pushed and my back hit the wall behind me, my backpack dropped to the floor.

"You think you're the shit just because you have a pretty face." The blonde snarled. "Who do you think you are?! You're all anyone ever talks about! Why?!"

I stared coldly at the girl in front of me. Pretty face? Pfft. If only she knew all the changes I had to endure just to get this way...

"Well first off, I'm not a transfer student. I've been here since freshman year." I rolled my eyes, flicking my hair over my shoulder. I stood straighter. "And, a pretty face? Ha. But then again, I guess anything would look pretty compared to you."

The blonde's face turned bright red with both anger and embarrassment. "Then what about Oppa!? What gives you the right to be near him all the time?"

To be honest, I literally had no clue what she was talking about. Oppa? Does she mean Hanbin and Bobby?

I smirked. "I don't have to explain myself to you."