This Isn't Goodbye (12)

Jinhwan's POV

"Goodbye Jinhwan."

My brows furrowed as I read her text. Goodbye? What's that supposed to mean?

Dialing her number, I walk to her locker, wondering what she meant. But when I got there, no one was in sight.

"Weird," I muttered. I called her again, and the same thing happened, it went straight to voicemail. Her phone must be off...

Searching through my contacts, I dialed the next number I thought of; Hanbin.

"Yo," Hanbin's voice said on the other line.

"Is Serin with you?"

"No, I haven't seen her at all today. I thought she was with you."

"Well I thought she was with you..." Raking my fingers through my hair, I sighed. "She was supposed to wait for me, but she's not at her locker."

"Call her cell?"

"It's turned off."

There was a pause.

"What do you mean it's turned off?" Hanbin's voice sounded worried.

"Try calling her and you'll--"

"It's never turned off." He interrupted, then sighed. "Meet me at her house."

With that, he hung up.

Puzzled, I stuck my phone back into my pocket and I tugged the strap of my backpack tighter. That girl never ceased to make me nervous.

As I was walking out the front doors, I saw Junhoe looking depressed as he was talking to a group of unfamiliar girls.

"Jun," I called out. He lifted his head and so did the girls, but when they saw me they started screeching.

"OMG ITS HIM!"

"JINHWAN YOU'RE SO CUTE!!"

Blah - blah - blah.

Rolling my eyes, I force a smile.

"May I speak to Junhoe for a bit?"

The girls screeched again, but stepped aside for us to talk.

"I don't want to talk to you." He dead panned.

I stared at him with an exasperated look.

"Bruh," I sighed. "Why are you so mad at everything all the time now?"

He glared.

"You stole her!"

I scoffed. "Seriously? I "stole" her? You are the one who freaking abandoned her at a party so you could get your dick sucked! I didn't steal her."

His glare intensified. "How do you know that?"

"You think I don't know who started the freaking rumor about Serin? Or what you've been up to?" I stepped up to him. "You're a fucking joke, acting like you're the one whose hurting when really - you're the one who started this mess."

"Get out of my face!"

"Then do us all a favor and get over yourself." I hissed, shoving passed him.

With a glare set on my face, I was beyond pissed. Yeah, I found out that someone started a rumor, but I never said anything because I wanted her to tell me. I wanted Serin to trust me enough to help her handle this. But she never did. So I did some snooping of my own.

Turning the corner before Serin's house, the first thing I noticed were all the cars, the wailing of sirens and the flashing lights of the Seoul PD.

My brows scrunched, and the first thing I did was run. Hanbin, Bobby, and Mr. & Mrs. Ahn were all standing outside the building with worried faces. Mrs. Ahn was even in tears.

"What happened?"

"It's... It's Serin." Hanbin muttered glumly.

"What about her?!" My tone grew frantic.

"She's.." Mrs. Ahn sobbed.

"Missing."

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Walking into Serin's room, the area felt unfamiliar to me. All her clothes were no longer in the closets or the drawers, everything in the room was bare. Taking a deep breath, I sat on the edge of her bed. She left... Just like that?

As a knock sounded at the door, Hanbin strolled in, his fists clenched.

"Did you read it yet?"

"Read what?" I sighed.

He tossed a note at me, it was written in Serin's handwriting and had tear stains on it. I glanced at Hanbin, my brows scrunched before reading it.

"Dear family, friends, and anyone else who cares,

I've been strong for a while, and never once had I ever let myself cry over what people say, but... I don't think I'm that strong person anymore. The way people treat me, the way they look at me -- I hate it! I could never grow the courage to stand up for myself, or to even tell my best friends.... I'm weak, and I hate myself for it. So I'm sorry. I'm sorry I wasn't the daughter that anyone wanted, I'm sorry I wasn't the best friend you were hoping for... And I'm sorry I wasn't woman enough to be the girlfriend you deserved. They were right. I'm literally useless... So I'm leaving. Don't look for me, I don't want to put anyone under more stress. I love you all, I want you to know that.

-Se."

I could feel my eyes water, just a bit. I clenched the note tightly, trying so hard to to tear it up.

"Why didn't she tell us?" I voiced my thoughts.

"We could've helped her!" I threw the note across the room, laying my head down against her bed sheets.

Why is it, that when I finally get the girl, she runs away?

"Why didn't she tell us?" I repeated, sobbing.

Hanbin sat on the bed beside me, and as he placed his hand on my head, I felt weak for the first time in my life. There was a throbbing feeling in my chest, a feeling of emptiness that coursed through my whole body. I didn't like it, not one bit.

After I settled down, I rubbed my face with my hands, trying to compose myself. Taking a deep breath, I grab my phone and my jacket and as I made my way to the door, Hanbin stopped me.

"Where are you going?"

I scoffed, "I'm not just gonna sit around and wait for the police to find her." I extended my hand. "Are you coming with me or not?"

With a smile, Hanbin joined me.

Serin, we'll find you.

I just hope you're safe.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Sorry if this chapter is lame :( I wrote it very quickly. I hope you like it though, and thank you all so much for the 800+ votes!! I love you all! Comment what you think of this chapter? :)