18

Beam's P.O.V.

The wait until Friday this week felt eternal. I kept thinking about the conversation with that guy. I can't believe he told me about his ex lover but not his name. He is mysterious but that just makes me more curious and attracted to him. Surprisingly Phana and Kit have been giving me a bit of space. Out of the two of them the more level headed one is Kit so I was contemplating on asking him but I'm scared that he might deny knowing anything. On the other hand I haven't made any progress and I haven't been able to visit my old apartment so I'm still stuck in the same place.

Today I couldn't wait until five to head to the coffee shop. So I arrived earlier and started doing my assignment. Once I finished I noticed it was almost six. I looked around and the guy wasn't here. I sighed he was probably avoiding me again. I stood up to make my order. I stayed there until later than usual. I was feeling bummed out and thought he might come in later like last time. But he didn't so I picked up my things to leave.

Once I was out I noticed a guy leaning tiredly against a wall out of the corner of my eye. Could it be? No, it couldn't be him right? Why would he be outside then? My curiosity got the best of me and so I headed in his direction. I think he doesn't know I saw him and I intended to keep it that way. Once I was close enough I could tell it was him so instead of continuing to walk I stopped in front of him.

"It's you!" I said surprised and he looked startled. He clearly wasn't expecting me to see him much less approach him. "Were you stalking me?" I asked amused and he was opening his mouth like a fish out of water. "You were!" I concluded.

"I just figured you were waiting for me even if I told you not to!" He said and I rolled my eyes.

"Wouldn't it have been easier to just go in and talk to me for a bit. Or I don't know maybe ignore me like a normal person?" I said and he huffed looking away. "What were you going to do anyway? Just watch me walk out the door that doesn't make sense." I continued but he was quiet. "Oh come on aren't you going to say anything else?" I asked.

"Go home it's getting late." He said and I shrugged.

"Why? You're gonna follow me there to make sure I arrive ok?" I said jokingly but he didn't laugh. "Are you serious?" I asked and he looked away. "You were worried about me? If you want me to stop liking you that's not the way." I said without thinking much.

"You like me? You don't even know my name!" He said his voice getting higher. Wow he was really shocked.

"Quiet down people are going to think we are fighting." I said starting to walk and he followed me. "And I guess I like you I don't approach strangers for fun. The name thing is your fault I already asked for yours! I even told you mine!" I said pouting.

"I didn't ask for it, I don't even remember anymore." He said and I looked at him suspiciously.

"Fine I will tell you a thousand times if I have to so that you will remember forever." I said turning to walk backwards so I could face him.

"Don't!" He said coming closer and putting his hand over my mouth. "I don't want to hear it again. Take it as we are even now and don't walk backwards you can get hurt!" He said turning me around and lightly pushing me so I would keep walking forward. I sighed since we were nearing my dorm building.

"Lets stop here ok? If Phana sees you all hell will break loose." I said and he nodded. "Thank you for walking me home even if you left me there waiting at the coffee shop. I will find out your name soon that's a promise! I am not going down without a fight!" I said and he shook his head.

"Just leave I will watch from here to make sure that you are ok." he said and I nodded. I felt like giving him a hug goodbye so I did. He stood there frozen but I was expecting that much. He was warm I enjoyed it.

"I am not letting you go until you hug me back." I mumbled against his chest. He hesitantly wrapped his arms around me. I felt so comfortable with him for some reason. Even if I didn't know anything about him I felt like I knew him. This felt right, even if everything else was falling apart right now in this moment I was happy being in his arms. He tightened the hug burying his head on my hair. He was taller than me but I fit perfectly in his embrace. He was the first one to pull back since I didn't want to let him go.

"Go home we shouldn't be doing this. You should stay away from me." He said and I shook my head.

"Not unless you give me a good reason! You may not know this but I don't give up easily when I want something and right now I want you. I don't want to hear anything else I will see you soon and I guarantee you next time I will know your name." I said walking away. Today was a good night and he wasn't going to ruin it with his negativity. I will find out his name I already have a plan.