19

Beam's P.O.V.

After thinking about it I realized there was an easy way to find out his name. I knew he is an engineering student in the same university. So I figured all I had to do was walk in and ask around. Someone is bound to know his name there. So that's what I did. Since my curiosity was getting the best of me Monday when lunch arrived I sneaked from Phana and Kit. Since this wasn't something I would normally do it was easy. I just let them talk staying out of the conversation lingering in the back. Then when I was close to the parking lot I just started walking slower getting left behind until I was able to walk away without them noticing. I got in my car which I barely used nowadays but today it was necessary. I drove to the engineering faculty. My white Audi certainly stood out among all of the motorcycles. There were barely any cars here. Is it a requirement for engineering students to have a bike? I thought getting out.

I didn't know much about this faculty so I just started walking around. I should be able to find the food court there I can ask about the guy. As I was walking a lot of people were staring at me and whispering. I was getting a little self-conscious about it. I guess I stood out too much in my uniform since they were all in jeans and a white shirt under their blue jacket. As I was walking I noticed a familiar face. I can't remember who he was but I was certain I knew him from somewhere. My suspicions where confirmed when he looked at me wide eyed before he started walking well almost running from me. I decided to follow him but he quickly got lost in the crowd. As I continued my journey the very guy I was here for appeared approaching me quickly.

"Beam! What are you doing here?!?" He said grabbing my wrist and dragging me with him. I just looked at him confused letting him drag me.

"Didn't you say on Friday that you didn't remember my name?" I asked once he was slowing down.

"What?" He said confused looking me for a second before he realized his mistake. "Well how could I forget the name of my stalker?" He said as matter of fact.

"You started it! I started going to that coffee shop every Friday before you! So you were the one waiting for me outside of it last Friday with the intention of following me home!" I said crossing my arms against my chest and he gaped at me.

"Well you came here to my faculty looking for me so we are both stalkers then." He said and I smiled.

"I guess that means we are meant to be together then." I said before winking at him. But his reaction was the opposite of what I was expecting since he turned sad. "Hey what's wrong?" I asked and he looked away.

"Nothing you should leave now...Beam" he said letting out a pause before saying my name.

"But I want to know your name!" I whined.

"Lets just stop seeing each other ok? It's better this way trust me." He said calmly but that just made me furious.

"Why then? Give me one good reason! It can't be because you don't feel anything because even though you tried to ignore me you were still waiting outside for me to make sure I arrived home safe. You don't do that for people you don't care about or want in your life." I said and he was quiet for a while.

"What do you want me to say then? We just can't be together." He said but I shook my head.

"That's still not a good reason. You know what? You are one... no... you are the only thing in my life that feels right in this moment. I wait every week anxious for Friday to arrive just so I could go to the coffee shop and see you. Being there talking with you it feels right and for those few hours I don't think about all of my problems. I don't mind that you don't want to open up easily its actually feels refreshing. I don't mind waiting until you feel comfortable enough to open up. I just want to know your name so I can know who I'm talking to. I didn't know it was such a big deal. I should leave don't worry I will find another day to go to the coffee shop you can still go there on Fridays. I won't bother you anymore." I said feeling defeated. I didn't think it would turn out this way. As I was walking away he grabbed my wrist again. I stopped walking but didn't turn back. He was quiet for a while when I was about to leave he spoke.

"Forth." He said and I turned to look at him.

"What?" I asked dumbfounded.

"My name is Forth." He said barely a whisper but I managed to hear it.

"Forth." I said out loud. Something seemed to click when I said it. Like I already knew that, like I had already said it a thousand times. But we knew each other because of Phana so I guess it wasn't the first time I was hearing his name. He was looking at me expectantly perhaps waiting for something. "Well I will see you on Friday then Forth." I said smiling happily and he nodded.

"Probably." He said and I laughed.

"Well I am content with that for now. I need to go since I have class soon. Thank you for finally telling me your name." I said and he smiled but there was some sadness to it.

"Take care Beam." He said before walking away. I nodded getting in my car and driving away feeling happy. Forth huh? who would have guess? It suits him though now that I know I can't picture him having any other name.