I think I'm addicted (p1)

FINALLY A STORY I WROTE :D

TW: WEED AND MENTIONS OF S3LF H

 Cold air from the wind draft of the planet buffeted against the walls of the building, the loud groans only added onto the chaos of noise.

"Rosechta! Get your ass back over here right now!" Called an angry feminine voice as Zev ran through the titan bay, items clicking against the ground as they were thrown in his direction. However sore his body was from the black and blue bruises, he didn't waver, he'd rather run then receive more pain.

He slid over a crate of ammo, ducking as more items whizzed past his head. Zev's heart was beating, he could feel it up in his throat, he felt sick. Becoming pale, he hid in between the crates, hoping that she would go away.

Eventually, she did, the clicking of her boots fading into the distance. The bay was quiet now, no one had expected Igloo to chase down the maroon pilot out of all people. He groaned with a stinging pain rose in his stomach, climbing out of his hiding spot, he silently walked away from the incident, the effects of his wounds taking a toll on his body, the beginning of a limp forming in his leg.

Zev sighed heavily, finding himself in the rec room, no one was there, or so he thought. Sitting down at one of the circular tables, grabbing a pack of cigarettes from his side pocket. He stared at the pack, twirling it on the table before making up his mind.

The room soon filled with the strong scent of tobacco and weed. His eyes became itchy and red in colour, but he didnt care, he didn't care about alot of things at the moment. He propped his arms on the table and rested his head on them letting out a sigh.

The tranquill of the moment didn't last forever when soft sounds of someone entering the room sounded. However Zev didn't look up, it was a fifty percent chance that he was beaten up, or the other half of nothing would happen, he'd take it either way.

"I-its a hotbox in here, for sure" Came a soft masculin voice. Zev looked up, not expecting someone other than Igloo to show up. Mako silently walked over and took a seat near Zev. The fluff of his cloak ruffling with every movement.

The silence stretched on as they stared at each other, it was a bit comforting to Zev, not that he wouldn't admit it aloud, he didn't like admitting to a lot of things anyways.

Zev sighed as he sat up, still holding eye contact with Mako, it was just Mako in general that made Zev feel better, No, he didn't have feelings for the man, but something about him felt different than everyone else.

"Did you uh, need something?" Zev asked after a moment. Mako looked to the table, drawing small circles with his gloved hand. "No" He started, propping his head up with his arm. "Just.. looking for a quiet spot I guess" Mako mumbled.

Zev nodded slowly. Taking in more of how the shorter man looked. He noticed that his eyes looked puffy and red, the small sniffles he was just now hearing. Zev wondered what had happened, he could only guess for the time being.

The room became silent once more, it seemed that the silence was comforting to the both of them. Eventually, Mako leaned over and snatched the nearly empty pack of cigarettes from Zev. "What's it like?" He asked in a genuine curiosity. Zev shrugged, "it gets you high, it's weed." He mumbled, resting his head on his arms once again. Mako continued with his questioning. "I know what weed is, But what does being high feel like?"

Zev thought about it for a moment. "Well, simple explanation, it's like you're flying and falling at the same time. Have you... Never smoked before?" Mako shook his head slowly, "never could, disliked the after taste, but.. I'm debating if I should try it again or not" He admitted, twirling the cigar in his hands. Zev shrugged. "Not my decision to make"

They both fell silent, Mako had made up his mind and now was also smoking a cigar alongside Zev, seemily unbothered. Zev was impressed that there was no coughing or all of that, but he stayed silent. "I can see why this is addicting" Mako hummed as he messed around with the smoke in the air with a few waves of his hand. The maroon pilot nodded. "I've got a lot of addictions"

"...as do I, but this seems better than what I do," Mako stated, taking another puff. Zev looked up at him. "You? Addicted to something? Do tell" He joked, a small smile formed on his face, but Mako did not smile or laugh. Mako sighed slowly, pursing his lips. "It- it's not- a good addiction." he said quietly. Zev looked at him with a confusion written on his face. "This.. isn't a healthy addiction either?"

Mako hummed softly, grabbing Zev by the arm and pulling him close, whispering to him what he does with a grim expression. Zev's eyes widened slightly as he leaned back in his chair, the other's gaze focused on the ground. "...oh... i uhm.." Zev was at a loss for words, never had he expected Mako out of all people to do that.

Mako hummed before standing. "I shouldn't have said that, sorry- i'm gonna go find Moth- Sorry" He said, struggling to find words as he quickly attempted to exit the rec room. However Zev was quicker, standing up and putting a hand on his shoulder. Mako stopped in his tracks, feeling defeat. The Tall pilot pulled the shorter one close, wrapping his arms around him in a hug.

Something that Mako wasn't expecting. Neither was Zev in all honesty.

Nevertheless, Mako returned the hug, burying his face into Zev's chest as he started to cry, sputtering apologies that Zev was barely able to understand. Mako held on to the taller as if he'd fall if he let go, and Zev held onto Mako just as tightly, comforting him. "I-im sorry- I- sorry sorry sorry im sorry" Mako began to repeat himself. "I can't help it.."

Zev began to hush mako with a soft "shh." Combing his hands through his hair in an attempt to Calm him. Of course, Zev had no clue what he was doing, he's never comforted someone before.

--

It had been a few hours now, they had both settled onto the couch of the rec room, Mako soundly asleep as Zev continued to hold him. Zev hummed slightly, he hadn't expected this outcome, but he didnt care, as long as Mako was alright, so would Zev.

...He was starting to go back and how he felt about the smaller pilot...

---

Might be making a second part, who know's >:D