Learning pride

It was late into the evening, the sun gently kissing the horizon as nightfall was soon to come. The colours of pink and orange smoothly mixed into one as the night and morning met. Two sat together in the titan bay, they seemingly had been there for hours.

"-what about that one?"

Harpy sat beside her pilot, her focus on the colourfully adorned flags that laid in front of them, each with their own meaning. The Northstar pointed gently to a pink and orange gradient one, Picking up the delicate fabric as she examined it.

"That one-" Alexa started, fiddling with her hands subconsciously, a few other flags that were neatly folded and stacked on top of each other, sat beside them, ones presumably already talked about. "-is the flag to represent homosexual women, in other words, Lesbian."

Alexa stood, dusting off her pants as she faced the northstar, holding her hands out, a simple and silent gesture for Harpy to give her the Flag.

Harpy politely sat the flag in her pilot's hands. Watching as Alexa draped it over her shoulders and wore it like a cape.

"I've had this flag since i was 18, i got it as soon as i was out of the house" She said with a smile.

Stepping in front of the evening light, the colours began to pop as Alexa began to explain. "In simple terms, It means a Girl likes another girl, Romantically and, er... sexually-" She said, chuckling nervously at the subject.

Harpy listened intently, watching her silently, nodding every so often

"-but you're a titan you don't need to worry about that last one"

Alexa took the flag and folded it into a small, compact square, placing it on top of the other flags.

"What about the first one? Romantically, you said?" Harpy asked, curiosity peaking in interest.

Alexa nodded slowly, thinking over her words cautiously.

"Well harpy," she said to her, speaking in a tone one would a young child. "There might come a day in your A.I. life that you fall in love with someone, Someone you truly care for."

Harpy looked at Alexa and tilted her head slightly

"You can love someone platonically, or romantically. Kinda like how I say 'love ya' to you occasionally, that's platonic love" She explained, looking at her hands as she continued to fiddle with them. 

"And Then you might love someone Romantically, where you- crave, for them constantly, and feel a strong attraction to them, and you want to be with them constantly." Alexa chuckled softly, "I'm making sense here, right?"

The northstar nodded slowly, taking in the information.

"I think i.. I liked a girl once" Harpy said, looking to the floor as she tapped her fingers together anxiously. "I don't remember her but she was really nice, and.."

It was Alexa's turn to listen, who did so, sitting down on harpy's thigh.

"A-and she was.. Pretty.... And I wanted to be around her constantly, if my past pilot allowed it.. Is that.. Romantic? love?" Harpy asked, curiously looking for an answer from her pilot.

Alexa smiled and patted the northstar near the optic, offering comfort.

"Sure does sound like it girl" Alexa said with a slight laugh "Here, lemme get something for you"

Alexa hopped down, quickly leaving the titan bay, leaving a questioning northstar behind, who watched the pilot sprint walk, nearly jog, away.

It didn't take long for her to return, with a large white, and what looked like paper, stack. She handed it to harpy, who took the stack, more confused than when learning about the flags.

"They are stickers" Alexa told her before the titan could question. "You take them and stick them to surfaces, it's got all the flags and a few animals on the back i never bothered to mess with"

She took the top paper and peeled off a sticker, it was a small rainbow with pink fluffy clouds on both ends, sticking it to the surface of Harpy's chassis. "See! Just like that, now your and even prettier birdy"

Alexa patted harpy once more, who replied to the gesture with small churrs and chirps of gratitude.

"Can i.. Keep the orange and pink... flag?" Harpy asked slowly, glancing at the folded up flag next to them.

Alexa was hesitant, she'd had that flag for years, wearing it once during battle. But, she supposes, it's time for it to find a new story.

Taking the flag, she unfolded it, taking Harpy's arm and wrapping the fabric around it, tying it gently, careful not to rip the old thing. "There, now you take care of it" Alexa said, pointing at her accusingly, chuckling softly. 

"I will! Thank you Alexa.." Harpy said, her focus now fixated on the flag. 

 "You're welcome pretty bird, i hope you find your girl one day"

-----
Alexa passing on the wlw torch

happy pride month ya'll <3