to you (p2)

No TW this time ^^ 

purely wholesome 

Zev walked down an empty hallway, the walls seemingly stretching for miles, the cold gray walls held nothing but barren empathy. If he focused, faint cries could be heard. But there were no exits to this hall, no doors, no end, no start. The cries continued to echo and bounce off the endless walls.

They felt.. Familiar, as if he's heard these cries before. It suddenly got louder, as if taunting him. He began to run down the hall, but it only became longer with each step, the despair in Zev's voice as he screamed, falling to his knees, the crying becoming unbearable.

Zev sat up in his bed with a start, cold sweat running down the side of his face, his breathing heavy, the cries still rung in his ears before fizzling out. Zev combed a hand through his hard, wiping away the sweat and grime that had collected as he slept.

"What kind of dream was that..." he muttered, looking over at the time. 11:30p.m. it read. He sighed. Standing up slowly, he slipped on a pair of pants and a slightly bigger than normal T-shirt , seeing as he only slept in boxers.

He grabbed a pack of cigarettes from the counter before exiting the room, which led to a hallway... 'great' he thought as he entered the rec room. Last time he had been here, how long it has been, he doesn't remember. He barely remembers that day, apart from a few things...

Zev sighed, looking down at the cigarette pack he had in his hands, didn't he say something about quitting? Who knows. Growling inwardly he tossed the pack at the table, where it landed with a thump. He exited the room, unsure of where his mind would take him as he began to lose himself in his own thoughts.

He tried his hardest to remember what happened that day, it was all fuzzy, he hated it, all he felt was the comfort it brought, but nothing more than fuzz and blank pictures filled his mind.

He walked for at least another hour before he had looked up, only to be facing a door. He looked at it questioningly, he scanned the area he was in, he was near the medical bay from what he could tell. Now he Wondered how long he had been standing there, and if anyone noticed...

With a huff, Zev Backed away from the door, going to head back to his place, but he was stopped short when the door opened, both pilots surprised to see the other. "O-oh- Hi there Zev.." They said in a timid manner.

"Hey.. Mako" Zev was able to sputter out. Mako was wearing a gray matching pajama T-shirt and pants, cute, Zev would admit to himself. "Did you- uh.. Need something-?" The shorter male asked, avoiding eye contact with the taller.

Zev was silent for a second longer than he'd like. "Uhm, no actually- i was.. Sleepwalking" He'd lie, but it seemed that Mako believed him. Mako smiled softly, nodding. "Well, uh.. Do you- uh- want to accompany me to the medical ward?" He asked after struggling to find his words.

Without a second thought, Zev nodded. Opting to be in the comfortable aura that Mako gave off. The short pilot obviously wasn't expecting yes as an answer. Audibly stuttering on invisible words. Zev chuckled a bit, as he walked alongside Mako to the medbay.

The taller pilot wondered what had happened to Mako that required a visit towards what he considered hell, but he wouldn't press any questions unless Mako brought it up. The silence between the two stretched as they walked, but it was comfortable, nonetheless.

It brought a strange warmth to Zev everytime he was around the shorter man, but it felt right. It felt good to have that warmth there, to see Mako happy and smiling. Yet Zev couldn't pinpoint exactly why he felt that way, not that he was complaining

Eventually, they were greeted by a very lovely lady, who had seemingly already known Mako was going to be here. Zev kept his questioning to himself as he watched Mako and the lady enter a side room. He sighed, sitting down in a nearby chair.

Why was he doing this? He didn't have an answer to. Perhaps it was because of that warm feeling once again. Just thinking about Mako brought it in waves. Being away from Mako seemed to diminish any good mood he'd find himself in.

'

Soon enough Zev and Mako walked alongside each other as they walked back to the shorter one's room, they had not spoken a word since they had left the medbay. But Zev was determined to break the silence once they reached Mako's room.

"So.. why did you need to go to the uh- the medbay?" Zev asked, Leaning against the doorframe as Mako walked in. Mako was silent for a moment, seemingly debating his options. He took a slow inhale in before shaking his head. "It's not important, not right now anyways."

Nodding, Zev didn't question any further. He went to say something before being interrupted. "Thank you, for- walking with me..." Mako said softly. Running a hand through his hair as if to calm his nerves.

"Anytime.. It was... comfortable" Zev admitted. Mako nodding in agreement. Silence once more between them, no tension, no worry, just, silence. They both enjoyed it, just standing there, staring into eachothers eyes. It brought that warmth back.

After a moment Mako looked to the floor, his face growing to an unusual shade of red. "I- i don't think i can be alone tonight.. Can you-" Make began, stopping short as Zev answered him.

"Yeah, i can stay." Zev told him, a warm smile growing on both of their faces.

--

Zev and Mako laid in bed together, Zevs arms wrapped around Mako affectionately as Mako buried his face in his neck. He smiled. "Hey Mako?" Zev whispered. The shorter pilot hummed in response. "Yeah?"

"I think i've got a new addiction..." Zev started, wearing a small smirk on his face. "Oh really?" Mako said curiously. "Yeah.. wanna know what it is?" The maroon pilot inquired, which in turn Mako nodded.

"I think i'm addicted to you.." Zev whispered before snuggling closer to the smaller pilot

Mako smiled. "I think i'm addicted to you too"

And that concludes this story (for now)

Thanks for reading :D