Accidental (p1)

Created by my friend <3 
---

Inside, he finds the other.

Curled up into a ball, sitting up. Head tucked down between his knees. His entire body trembles.

Such a pitiful thing should not be allowed within IMC forces. He should report this to an officer and have him deserted, destroyed. This is showing weakness, and Zekti has no time for those weaker than him.

Still, he finds himself watching.

Xolx does not look up at him. In fact, Zekti is not sure if Xolx even knows he is there.

Somewhere in a recessed corner of his processor, something almost akin to pity rouses. Something tells him to intervene. He could, quite literally, change Xolx's life right now, for better or worse.

Zekti may be brutal on the battlefield. He may be intimidating off it. But he is not heartless. Weak or not, Xolx is his ally.

Of its own volition, his frame steps further into the dark room. His footsteps echo quietly off the walls, but still, Xolx does not signal that he hears them. He remains curled up, shivering, sniveling.

What does he do? He is accustomed to killing and brutalizing, not comforting and caring. To do so is to show weakness, and he is no weak individual.

He decides to offer his company, at the least. Quietly, he pads over to sit a distance away from the simulacrum, purposefully letting his hand clank against his chassis to let the other know he is there.

Xolx jolts. He does not look up; he does not even acknowledge Zekti. But Zekti knows that Xolx realizes he is there.

Words seem inappropriate at the time. Regardless, Zekti has no way with gentle words.

Still, Xolx's frame rattles. Zekti's companionship seems to have only slightly lessened the panic.

He wracks his mind for other things to do. What do the human soldiers do to comfort each other? Flipping through memories, he finally finds one option: a hand on the shoulder. A grounding touch, pulling the other back to reality and awareness and keeping them from being lost adrift.

Almost tepidly, he reaches one arm out to graze Xolx's shoulder as a precursor touch. The other would likely have startled if he had done it without forewarning.

Xolx freezes, trembling ceasing as his frame stiffens. Zekti takes the opportunity to fully rest his hand on the other's shoulder, grasping firmly. It is an awkward and gangly movement. He hopes, for once, that he does not seem as intimidating as usual.

Xolx stays still. He does not look up. He does not lean into the touch. He does not give any sign that he is aware of the other.

Zekti goes to pull his hand away. He is useless at this. It was foolish of him to try to be comforting, something he most certainly is not destined to be to others.

He does not get far.

All at once, Xolx is moving. His head, once tucked between his knees, is now against Zekti's chestplate. Xolx's still-trembling arms are around his neck. The sim fully plasters himself to the Specter Pilot.

It nearly crashes Zekti's processor.

He has never been shown comfort like this. He has never been held like this. Others are too afraid to come close to him. But now, the anxious simulacrum is stuck on him like a fly on honey. Of all the people Xolx could have latched onto, it is Zekti.

To be fair, Zekti is the only one that checked on him, he notes.

It is Zekti's turn to freeze. His processor flatlines, going to a full halt for a moment while Xolx settles in. A static-ridden squelch escapes his vocbox. His purple optic widens dramatically, while his arms stick out dumbly and away from touching Xolx any further.

Xolx shoves his face into the tattered ends of Zekti's golden scarf, his hands wringing the portion around his neck. Were it anyone else, Zekti would have reacted with disgust by now, shoving them away and cursing their name.

Why is he not doing the same now?

The longer Xolx rests against Zekti's bulk, the fainter his trembling becomes. With a heaving, stuttered sigh, he relaxes, finally.

He knows he should do something-- shove the other away, or, at least, not sit like a fool with arms outstretched.

Xolx has not run away yet, he reasons. He may as well go all in.

Carefully, he rests his arms on Xolx's shoulders. When the other does not recoil, he relaxes his joints.

Hugging. What he is doing right now classifies as hugging.

Zekti is not a hugging type of person.

He supposes he can make an exception.

Finally, Xolx comes to his senses. Languidly at first, coming out of the stupor resulting from such a frayed state of being, he relaxes.

Zekti can tell the exact moment Xolx realizes where he is. The sim jerks to awareness, shoving himself away from Zekti automatically. He scrambles to his feet, sheepishly looking down at Zekti.

"I--" he starts, but does not finish. He wraps his arms around his chassis to make himself small. One hand wrings the blue-green scarf around his neck.

Slowly, with far more composure, Zekti rises to his own feet. He easily towers over the other. Surprisingly, he does not feel disgust nor disdain, nor any sort of thing he thinks he should be feeling right now.

He finds himself actually missing the touch. He would never admit it out loud.

"I'm so sorry," Xolx exhales in a hurry. "I just--was--I--" he jitters, balking as Zekti raises a hand to cut him off.

"Heed it no mind," Zekti grumbles. "You are composed now?"

Xolx nods quickly. "Yes! Yes, I--uh, yeah." He looks away. "I'm terribly sorry for...that. For doing that."

Zekti huffs, despite himself. Xolx recoils, expecting to be berated. When nothing harsh comes at him, he tentatively looks back at Zekti.

"Your processor was overloaded," he comments. "Too much input at once."

"Y-yes," Xolx jitters. "It-it happens. A lot."

Zekti rumbles. "Are any others aware of this?"

Xolx shakes his head. "Heavens, no! I'd be--"

"Subject to distaste," Zekti finishes. "I understand." He pauses, thinking his words over carefully. "Do you know who I am?"

Xolx shrinks back into himself at the question. "Uh--I've seen you, before. But I don't--I don't know anything about you."

Zekti rolls his head at the fear roiling off the other. "You've no need to fear me. Were I to do something, it would have happened by now."

Xolx pauses. "You mean...you're not...?"

"No," Zekti cuts him off. "I came here of my own volition. I was not forced. I was not commanded."

Xolx stares blankly back at him.

"Should this happen again--and I am sure it will--," Zekti offers. "Do your best to locate me. In the future, I hope to be of more help." He pauses, quickly adding, "Others shall not hear of this. Understood? Not a word." His voice rumbles threateningly.

"No!" Xolx gulps, shaking his head again. "Nobody will know!"

"Sufficient," Zekti muses. He claps a hand on Xolx's shoulder. "Return to your quarters. I will cover for you."

----
WOO part two in a few seconds. 

Xolx: Phase shifter, belongs to me
Zekti: Void running(? unsure) Specter, Belongs to Beat