Accidental (p2)

last part <3

---

He ends up at Zerchev's shop, somehow. He does not remember deciding to come here. You are too distracted, he berates himself. You are letting your flaws show.

Tentatively, he knocks, five times as usual. Almost instantly, he hears Zerchev call him in.

Inside, the air is comfortably warm. Light filters in, highlighting the dust motes drifting through the space. Zerchev himself is hunched over at his workbench, fiddling with his latest project.

"What brings you here?" Zerchev asks brightly, looking over his shoulder.

Zekti balks, halting in his tracks. His finials pin back and he anxiously avoids looking at Zerchev.

It's all it takes for the other to notice something is awry. "Everything alright?" Zerchev asks, feigning a calm demeanor: if something has Zekti distracted, it must be big.

"Yes--" Zekti starts, but cuts off with a squelch of static. Still standing awkwardly in the doorway, he wrings his hands.

"Don't just stand there. Come in, come in," Zerchev invites. He moves from his workbench to sit at the table, a kettle already sitting in the center. Zekti moves subconsciously, pulling out a chair and dropping into it without grace. With an annoyed huff, he hides his head in his hands.

"Something has you ruffled, doesn't it?" the gunsmith comments, a hint of amusement in his voice.

"Not something," Zekti groans.

Zerchev sits up in his seat. "Someone?" he asks excitedly.

Again, Zekti's finials flatten against his head in embarrassment. He pointedly does not answer.

"Ooh! Who is it?" Zerchev immediately presses. "Are they cute? Strong? Kind? Tell me! I must know!"

Zekti falters under the sudden interest. It takes a moment for his processor to catch up. "You know the overly-anxious simulacrum?"

"Yes! Xolx, if I remember correctly."

"'Xolx'?"

"That's his name," Zerchev comments. He leans forward, elbows resting on the table. "Is he who caught your eye?"

Zekti stays silent.

"He is!" Zerchev bellows. "Oh, this is interesting! What about him drew you to him? Is he that charming? Did you make eye contact and share a moment or something?"

The Specter drags his hands down his faceplate. "We did, in fact, share a moment."

"Do tell!"

"He had some sort of...'fit' earlier. He was overwhelmed. Hidden. I do not know why, but I was compelled to comfort him, so I offered my company."

"You do have a heart!" Zerchev laughs. "Oh, that's so kind of you! Is that what got you hooked?"

"He--" Zekti lets out a static-filled cough. "I do not think he was aware of what he was doing. But he near-instantaneously latched onto me."

"He hugged you? The Big, Bad Zekti was hugged?" Zerchev sounds scandalized. "Impossible. There's no way."

"I did not initiate it," Zekti snaps tensely. "That would never happen."

"But it did happen," the gunsmith presses. "Tell me more."

"It...went on. Until he came to his senses." Zekti taps his fingers on the table distractedly. "He apologized profusely before leaving."

"So, what I'm hearing," Zerchev starts, "is you were hugged, and not only did you not shove him away, you didn't berate him for it, either."

"No!" Zekti snaps. "It was out of his control."

Zerchev eyes him knowingly through the slits in his balaclava. "And now you miss that feeling."

Zekti looks away.

"I never took you for being a secret softie," Zerchev hums.

"I am not soft," Zekti growls, standing from his seat threateningly.

"Sit down, softboy. You absolutely were." Zerchev looks straight into his optic. "You enjoyed the comfort as much as he did. Have you two spoken since?"

"Vaguely. Variably."

"So you're friends?"

Zekti shrugs. "We do not despise each other."

"That's a big thing for you! Not instantly hating someone means you like them!" Zerchev rubs his gloved palms together excitedly. "Oh, this is perfect. Xolx needs a guy like you to help keep him at ease, and you need someone that you don't despise in your life."

The Specter's finials go askew.

"I'll be your wingman," Zerchev rambles. "I can hook you two up for more time together. He comes here to relax a lot. We're friends. I can start letting you know when he's here so you can stop by." He rises from his seat, ushering Zekti to the door. "Shoo, now! I have a call to make. Be back here tonight. Bring your best attitude," Zerchev points sternly at Zekti, "or else."

The door shuts in Zekti's face.

---

Zerchev actually belongs to  ! (Hopefully the @ actually works huahuhafuis)

Zekti belongs to beat

Xolx belongs to me