04. Drinks Up

Shin: Wait up! *Follows and walks aside of Haru.*

Haru: *Laughs and looks up at the crow's nest, nodding to Chen.* I'm guessing that you called me?

Chen: Aye! *Climbs down the ladder and jumps down.* There's a storm coming right towards us.

Haru: When do you think it'll reach us?

Chen: I'm estimating *Puts a finger on my lips, thinking.* at afternoon?

Haru: *Goes to the sails, pulling certain ropes, straightening the sails up.* Alright Chen, back to work.

Chen: Yessir! *Turns away.*

Skiff: Captain! *Walks to Haru.* Are you finished?

Haru: Yes. *Puts a hand on Skiff's shoulder, whispering quietly.* Inform everyone we'll be heading inside the dining later when the storm approaches. We'll need to welcome our doctor.

Skiff: Got it. *Walks away.*

Haru: *Comes back to Shin, putting an arm around his shoulder.* Ah apologies, captain duties.

Shin: No problem.

Haru: Anyways, where were we? *Clicks my tongue.* Right! Introducing my crewmates. *Points to the crow's nest.* He's Chen. He's a great navigator.

Shin: Was he the first to join you?

Haru: *Shakes my head.* Nah, the first was Skiff. *Whispers close to Shin.* Now watch this. *Moves my arm off of you and pulls out my sword.*

Shin: *Eyes widen a little.* Wait you're not going to throw it at him, are you?!

Haru: *Laughs softly.* Hahaha, I'm not. *Clicks my tongue again at Skiff.* Skiff think fast! *Quickly turns back to Shin.* You'll eventually get use to it. *Throws the sword straight at Skiff without looking at him.*

Skiff: *Is speaking with Shade, but looks to the side a bit, quickly catching the sword. Turns around.* Ah, Haru...

Haru: *Chuckles.* How'd I do?

Skiff: Not bad. *Hands Haru his sword again.*

Shade: *Clears my throat and politely speaks.* Apologies, Skiff. I will be supervising the others again in case they need my help.

Skiff: *Looks at Shade.* Aye. *Turns back to Haru and the new crewmate.*

Shin: The sword.. It was that close to touching his face. *Shows with my fingers.*

Haru: *Takes the sword, putting it away then crosses my arms.* We practice a lot. One day I'll have to warm you up with some defense skills. Perhaps I'll let Skiff tutor you? *Eyes Shin in the corner of my eye.*

Shin: *Looks at Haru nervously.* Uhm...

Haru: *Smiles.* I'm kidding. Maybe he can tutor you tomorrow with the basics if that's alright with you? I know a lot of things had happened today.*Nods at Skiff.* Skiff, and Shin, our new crewmate.

Skiff: *Grins politely at Shin.* Nice to meet you.

Shin: *Waves, smiling.* You too.

Haru: Onto the next, Shade, supervisor of all activities. *Looks around trying to find Shade.* He might be busy right now with the other crewmates so I think we shouldn't bother. I'm sure you'll be able to speak to him in your spare time though.

Shin: Ah, I see.

Haru: *Twirls around.* And lastly, Shindori. He's the wheel of the ship.

Shin: *Turns around.*

Haru: *Looks up at Shindori.* How're you doing?

Shindori: Great as always, Captain! Though I do have a question.

Haru: Do tell.

Shindori: Is there another way to avoid the storm? Perhaps going around?

Haru: *Shrugs with my shoulders.* I'm afraid not. Going around won't get us anywhere. It will take longer.

Shindori: True, alright thanks, Cap!

Haru: No problem, mate.*Turns to Shin.* Hmm, that's about everyone.

Shin: Oh?

Haru: *Nods and looks at him.* Come, let me show you where you'll be staying here for now and then I'll let you go. *Walks to a door, opening it.* After you.

Shin: *Follows Haru and walks in room, looking around.* I'm guessing, this is your office?

Haru: *Nods.* Yeah, but there's another room, which is the guest room over here. *Closes the door then goes to the side of the room, walking through curtains to the new room.* This is the guest room. You'll be staying in here.

Shin: *Walks into the room slowly. Looks around.* It.. Needs more cleaning. *Puts the first-aid kit on the bed.*

Haru: Haha, yeah.

Shin: *Looks at a feather duster and takes it, starting to dust the place up.*

Haru: *Leans on the doorway, watching Shin.* Would you like me to help you tidy things up?

Shin: *Chuckles softly.* I think I got it.

Haru: Alright, I'll let you go now. Just let me know if you need any help, yeah?

Shin: *Nods, understandably.* Of course.

Haru: Oh, we'll be having dinner later in the afternoon because of a storm. Would you like to join us?

Shin: *Smiles brightly.* I'd love to.

Haru:*Moves away from the doorway and nods at him.* Thanks, Shin.

Shin: *Grins.* Aye.

To Be Continued...