17. We've Come A Long Way, Have We?

-The next day, Haru finally gets his bandages taken off.-

Shin: *Looks at you and smiles.* How are you feeling?

Haru: *Gets off the bed and stretches my arms.* Free, I have to say. *Looks down at you, sitting on the bed.* Thanks.

Shin: *Nods and stands up too. Goes to the hangers on the wall and grabs the hangers holding up your pirate's coat and shirt. Shows you the hanger before handing it to you.* I think you'll be needing this, aye?

Haru: *Chuckles and takes it.* Of course I do. I've been freezing.

Shin: *Smiles brightly.* It's great to see you feeling well, Captain.

Haru: Aye.

Shin: *Yawns softly and raises my hand on.* Alright, I'll leave you so you could get dressed. I'm going be at the main deck.

Haru: Alright.*Nods.*

Shin: *Walks out the room and out to the main deck.*

Haru: *Carefully puts on my poet shirt and then my pirate's coat. Exhales softly.* There. *Puts my hands in my pocket, walking out of the room.*

-At the main deck.-

Shin: *Is at the wheel, standing aside with Shindori.* Hey.

Shindori: *Nods.* Hey.

Shin: *Looks at the horizon.*

Shindori: *Inhales and exhales slowly then speaks, breaking the silence.* How many days has it been since you joined the ship?

Shin: *Puts my finger on my lower lip, tapping on it. Thinks for second then answers.* Hm... six days.

Shindori: *Laughs.* I have lost track. *Holds onto the wheel, slowly steering it.* It's hard to believe it's been six days. I've gotten so used to you on board already.

Shin: *Nods.* Yeah.

-The office door opens, Haru walking out of the door.-

Captain!!

Skiff: *Walks to Haru, putting a hand on your shoulder.* It's great to see you on deck again, Captain!

Haru: *Chuckles softly.* It really is great to be back.

Shade: *Goes to Haru.* Haru.

Haru: *Turns to Shade and smiles.* Shade.

Shade: *Pats your back gently.* It's great to see you well.

Haru: *Nods.* Aye.

Chen: *Looks down from the crow's nest to see Haru all well again and climbs down the rope ladder. Steps on the main deck and looks at Haru.* Captain!!!

Haru: *Puts a hand on Chen's shoulder.* Hey.

Chen: *Frowns.* I was worried.

Haru: Of course you were. I have to admit, I missed hearing your voice. *Looks at everyone and exhales softly.* Alright. This ship is still moving. Let's get back to work!

Aye!!

-Everyone goes back to what they were doing. Meanwhile, at the wheel with Shindori and Shin.-

Shindori: *Looks down at Haru and the rest of the crewmates.* Ah, everyone's so happy that Captain's back. It's great to see that everyone's happy again.