09. A Captain Like Me Doesn't Have To Have A Tricorn To Show Who's Captain.

Characters In The Part:

Ryu: Haru's Father

San: Haru's Mother

Haru: *Holds my knees close to my chest.* Hmm, where should I start. *Clicks tongue.* Ah! I'll just explain what I remember.

Shin: *Looks at Haru.* You don't remember much about your past, do you?

Haru: *Nods my head.* Indeed you are correct. *Pushes my legs out.* I was only nine.

.

.

.

-12 years ago.-

Haru: *Spills the small barrel of fruits I was holding.* Ugh, dad. This is hard!

Ryu: *Laughs and crouches down to carry the barrels Haru dropped.* It sure is when you're that age! *Taps his nose with my finger.* Now run along to the dining. Mother's cooking dinner for the rest of us.

Haru: *Beams brightly.* Alright! *Starts to run into the dining.* Mother, what's for dinner?

San: *Laughs softly.* Oh, it's a surprise. Be patient.

Haru: *Sits on a chair, frowning.* Mother...

San: *Messes up Haru's hair.* Patience, remember? Now let's wait until everyone arrives, aye?

Haru: *Giggles playfully.* Aye!

-When everyone arrives.-

Crewmates: Toast! Toast! Toast!

Ryu: *Hushes quietly.*

-Everyone stops chanting.-

Ryu: *Stands up, clearing my throat.* Alright! Since you guys asked, *Picks up my glass.* I'd like to make a toast for our youngest crewmate and my only son, Haru. *Eyes Haru, smiling.*

Hear hear!

Ryu: *Looks at everyone.* And of course, a toast for everyone, for boarding our ship and helping each other out! *Raises my glass up.* Cheers!

-Everyone raises their glass up also, except young Haru of course. After that, they begin to feast until they hear a...-

CRASH!!!

Ryu: *Quickly stands up, looking at San.* Eh? What was that?

San: It came from outside! It's starting to rain hard!

-Ryu and San run out the door and into the soaking ship.-

Crewmate 1: We can't leave Captain and San alone. Let's go! *Quickly walks out the door.*

Crewmate 2 and 3: Aye!! Go go go! *Rushes out the door.*

Ryu: *Looks up at the clouds as they continue to pour and the waves begin to crash. Looks down at San.* They're here.

Haru: Huh? What's going on? *Follows after the others. Looks at father.*

Ryu: *Flinches a bit, hearing Haru's young voice and turns around.* Haru! What are you doing here!?

Haru: *Puts my hands in my pants pocket.* I don't remember you inviting a storm into our party!

Ryu: *Takes out my sword.* Haru, you need to get back inside! You're going to get yourself hurt!