07. Why Don't We Start With The Basics, Eh?

-The next day.-

Shhnk! Shiiiink!

Shin: *Opens my eyes slowly, seeing Shindori sharpening swords on my bed.* Huh..? What are you doing? Isn't it still early?

Shindori: *Stops sharpening them.* You're right, but I'm using that time to prep you up. *Moves away from Shin's bed and walks to the door.* The others are still asleep so we are free to use the ship space right now to ourselves.

Shin: *Sits up on my bed then gets up.* The ship space? *Grabs my coat, putting it on.* What do you mean exactly?

-Shin gets ready then follows Shindori out the office door.-

Shin: *Closes the door and then catches up to Shindori.* What exactly are we doing?

Shindori: *Freezes from where I'm standing then turns to Shin.* Practicing. *Hands him one of my swords.* For starters, every starter actually, starts off with one sword.

Shin: *Takes the sword.* Why do you have two then?

Shindori: *Faces my sword down, leaning on the hilt.* I've practice, that is why Haru allows me to use two during fights. *Holds onto my sword again, properly.* Now, why don't we start the with basics, eh?

Shin: Aye. *Nods.*

Shindori: *Postures myself and grips onto my sword with both hands for a few minutes then stands up straight again.* Now you try and then I'll correct what's wrong.

Shin: Okay.. *Tries to copy Shindori's position.*

Shindori: *Circles around him slowly, looking at his posture then pats his shoulder.* Relax your shoulders. Usually the opponent tries to strike *Gently pats his chest.* Right here.

Shin: *Relaxes my shoulders just a bit.* What if they do go for my arms?

Shindori: *Taps his foot with mines.* Squat down a bit lower. Oh, and the answer to your question, is just dodging. *Looks at him, smiling.* Which we'll get to that after. *Raises Shin's arms a bit higher with my finger.* There, that's better. You may relax.

Shin: *Straightens myself up, wiggling my legs.* Phew.

Shindori: *Chuckles.* Worn out already? It's only the basics.

Shin: *Laughs softly.* Maybe just a little, but I think I could do more.

Shindori: *Nods.* You'll eventually get use to it. I'm sure you know how to swing and use the sword, right?

Shin: I suppose I do.

Shindori: What about dodging?

Shin: I think I need to work on that more.

Shindori: Then we will work on it now. *Puts my sword in my sheath.* In order to dodge, you must and have to be able to know your opponents next move, like an estimate.

Shin: How're you suppose to fight your opponent if you never met them?

Shindori: You have to observe your opponent first. Watch how they move and where they're going to strike next. *Taps on the sword Shin's  holding.* Now, I want you to strike that at me.

Shin: Are you sure it's safe?

Shindori: *Nods.* I'm sure.

Shin: *Holds onto the sword and strikes it at him.*