05. Not All Pirates Steal.

Shin: *Finishes dusting and sorting out the old items in the room and looks around.* Hmm, now it's time to decorate with some new items. *Walks out my room.*

Haru: *Clears my desk and stands up after seeing Shin.* Done so soon?

Shin: Just for dusting. Do you have any items you don't mind me using for the room?

Haru: Ah. Yesterday, Shade moved some boxes somewhere. Perhaps the storage room? He usually leaves boxes like those there. I wouldn't mind him giving you some of those treasure too.

Shin: Alright, thanks. *Waves and walks out the office door. Looks around, seeing everyone working. Chuckles nervously to myself.* Where is Shade? Maybe he's in the back of the ship. *Turns around but bumps into someone.*

Shade: Umph.. *Puts my hands on his shoulder, steadying both of us from falling. Looks down at Shin, tilting my head.* Sorry?

Shin: *Eyes widened a bit and laughs nervously.* Oh, I'm sorry.

Shade: *Smiles.* No worries. *Moves my hand away and rubs the side of my neck.* You seem to be searching for something?

Shin: Right! The captain says there are boxes in the storage rooms with decoration items. May I take a look at them?

Shade: *Nods.* Of course. We hardly need or use them aboard. Come along. *Walks to the back of the ship.*

Shin: *Follows, looking around.* Huh, I'm curious what you do when the captain doesn't need you around.

Shade: Mm, I have to supervise the other crewmates all the time of course. Other than supervising, I help the captain organize the treasure we found. *Reaches for the doorknob and opens it, walking inside.*

Shin: Treasure?

Shade: *Goes to a box, opening it then chuckles.* You ask like you've never heard that word before.

Shin: *Kneels down, looking at the box filled with gold and jewelry.* No, it's just...*Looks at Shade.* You guys didn't steal any of these, right?

Shade: *Looks at Shin with a serious face.* We would never. The captain doesn't allow it. *Digs through the box and carefully takes out a pirate's poet shirt.* What makes you think that? *Stands up and looks around. Spots a hanger with a pirate's coat and takes it.*

Shin: *Rubs my chin.* I'm not sure. *Closes the box and stands back up.*

Shade: *Folds the close and sighs softly.* Shin, not all pirates steal. You know we're not like them.

Shin: *Looks at the floor, frowning.* Right. I should know that. Sorry.

Shade: *Puts a hand on his shoulder, leaning close to him.* Hey, you don't have to be sorry about everything, alright?

Shin: *Nods slowly.*

Shade: *Straightens myself and ruffles his hair.* Cheer up. *Hands him the clothes I'm holding.* I think you should change yourself a bit more so you could blend in more with us. The nights are pretty chilly so I think they will come in handy.

Shin: *Looks at the clothes and takes it.* Ah, thank you.

Shade: *Smiles.* Yeah. I think it'll look great on you.

Shin: *Beams brightly.* I'll be looking forward to trying them on then.

Shade:*Carries a box and looks at Shin.* I'll carry this box to your room and you can take the other.

Shin: Alright. *Opens the box, putting the clothes in and then closes it, carrying it up.*

Shade: *Walks out the storage room.*

Shin: *Follows after Shade.* Ah, thank you for helping me by the way.

Shade: Anytime. *Walks back to the front of the ship and looks at him.* I'm guessing you're taking the guest room, yes?

Shin: *Nods.* Yup.

Shade: Alright. *Opens the door to the Captain's office, letting him in first.*

Shin: *Walks in and goes to my room, putting the box down.*

Haru: Two boxes? *Grabs a book from the bookshelf, flipping through the pages.*

Shade: Yup. I gave him a few clothes too if that's alright with you.

Haru: Fine by me. *Puts the book back where it was.

Shade: *Goes to the room and puts the box on the ground.* I'll just leave it here.

Shin: Alright. *Opens one of the boxes and starts to put the items where they would look good in.* Hm, what should I do with the gold that came along with the box?

Shade: Hm, I guess you can keep it.

Shin: Huh? Are you sure?

Shade: Mm. The captain wouldn't mind and trust me, we have more gold in the back.

Shin: Ah alright. *Puts the last item on a shelf and closes the box, sliding it under the bed.*

Shade: *Nods.* Alright, I'm going to go now.

Shin: Of course. Thank you, again for helping me.

Shade: No problem. *Leaves the room and office.*

-A couple minutes later.-

Shin: *Stretches.* Ah, finally done! *Walks out of my room and looks at Haru.* Captain, I'm going to get some fresh air.

Haru: Yeah, sure. *Sits back on my chair and takes out my map, looking at it.*

Shin: *Walks out the office and walks to the front of the ship, inhaling softly, relaxing my shoulders.*

Skiff: *Stands next to Shin.* Nice weather, huh?

Shin: *Smiles.* Yeah.

-Afternoon.-

Plop!

Chen: *Slowly opens the door to Haru's room and exhales slowly.* Haru, the storm is here.

Haru: *Is crying, looking down at my desk then slowly glares up at Chen.* Why...This isn't a great time to be checking on your captain...

Chen: *Closes the door and takes a step forward.* Apologies.. *Gets down on one knee.* Haru, are you sure going to Dreading Archipelago is alright with you? We're worried how this might affect you-

Haru: We have to keep searching!! I.. Have to keep searching. *Grabs my sword that's leaning on the wall and looks at the marking 'D.A.' Puts it back then turns my fist into a ball, smashing it on the desk.*

THUNK!!

Haru: *Continues to sob.* Just gather everyone to the dining...

To Be Continued...