16. I Made A Promise To Him That I Will And I Won't Break That Promise.

-The next day.-

Skiff: *Walks out to the main deck, stretching my arms. Looks around seeing everyone is awake and working.*

Shade: *Walks to Skiff, putting an arm over his shoulder.* Morning.

Skiff: *Nods.*

Chen: *Climbs down the rope ladder and jumps to the main deck.* Morning S-Cap!

Shin: *Is leaning on the taffrails. Turns around.* Morning S-Cap. *Goes to Skiff.* How'd you sleep?

Skiff: *Folds my hands behind my head.* It was alright, I must say. *Turns to Shindori at the steer.* Morning!

Shindori: *Nods.* Mornin'.

Skiff: *Turns back and looks at Chen.* Where are we headed?- I mean. *Clicks my tongue.* Right. We haven't scheduled our next destination yet.

Chen: *Nods.* Aye.

Skiff: *Turns to Shin.* Can I check on Captain and perhaps ask him where our next destination will be? I don't want to be taking us to Antarctica.

Shin: *Nods.* Aye.

Skiff: *Smiles.* Thanks.

Chen: *Frowns and crosses my arms then smiles.* Okay, are you and Haru teasing me now?

Skiff: *Tilts my head, confused.* Am I missing something?

Chen: *Shakes my head.* Nah, nevermind.

Skiff: *Points to the crow's nest.* Back to work then.

Chen: *Climbs up the rope ladders to the crow's nest.*

Skiff: *Walks to the office and enters the room.* Captain?

Haru: *Is awoken by Skiff's voice and stretched my arms.* Ugnhh, can't the Captain get some rest? It's still early.

Skiff: *Smiles.* A captain once told me the earliest would achieve the most. Isn't that right, Captain?*Sits on the bed next to you, raising an eyebrow.*

Haru: *Chuckles.* Impressive. *Sits up.* I'm surprise you still remember that. *Stretches my arm behind over my head.* Alright, tell me. How'd it go?

Skiff: *Nods and looks at you.* What do you mean?

Haru: You're subbing my Captain role, aye?

Skiff: Right. *Intertwines my fingers and slowly fidgets them.* It's going quite well. Nothing much has happened today.

Haru: I see.

Skiff: *Nods and looks at you.* Are you able to walk?

Haru: *Puts a hand on your shoulder.* Please don't say it like that. You make it sound like I'm old and paralyzed.

Skiff: *Chuckles.* Well you are the oldest crewmate on the ship.

Haru: *Frowns and smiles.* You're right. *Inhales softly.* I'm able to walk just a bit. I think I'll be able to tomorrow.

Skiff: Ah, that's good then.

Haru: Mm. *Turns to the window and sighs softly.* I miss being out there. I want to be with you guys again. The cold and fresh breeze... *Looks down.* But here I am.

Skiff: *Gently pats your back.* Don't worry so much, Captain. You said you'll be recovered tomorrow. We'll have to be patient and wait for that day to come.

Haru: *Looks at you.* Aye.

Skiff: *Smiles brightly.*

Haru: *Exhales slowly.* Hm. There's a reason why you came to check on me other than Shin, aye?

Skiff: Right. I was going to ask you where we're heading next.

Haru: *Looks down.* Skiff, could you get me the map?

Skiff: Aye. *Stands up.* Where is it?

Haru: On my desk.

Skiff: *Walks out the room and sees the map on Haru's desk. Rolls the map a bit so I'm able to hold it and walks back to the room. Hands you the map.* This one, aye?

Haru: Aye.*Takes it.* Thanks.

Skiff: Mm.

Haru: *Rolls the map back and looks at the map.*

Skiff: *Tilts my head.* Do you know the next island?

Haru: *Nods.* We all do. *Points at a certain island on the map which says Orb Island.* We're going there.

Skiff: *Follows your finger and looks at the island.* Isn't that..?

Haru: *Looks at you.* Aye, we're taking Shin back home. I made a promise to him that I will and I won't break that promise.

-At the main deck.-

Skiff: *Walks out and looks back at Shindori.* Shindori!

Shindori: Aye?

Skiff: *Walks to the mast, pulling on the ropes of the sails. Holds onto the ropes.* Turn the ship East!

Shindori: *Steers the wheel, slowing the ship down to a turn.* Hold tight everyone!!

Aye aye!!

-The ship turns to the direction Skiff have ordered.-

Shindori: Has Haru spoke to you about our next destination?

Skiff: *Turns around, seeing Shade and gives him the ropes.* Do this for me, will you?

Shade: Aye aye. *Takes the ropes, holding onto it.*

Shin: *Follows Skiff.* Skiff, what's going on?

Skiff: *Looks at Shindori.* Repeat that again, Shindori!

Shindori: Has Haru spoke to you about our next destination?

Skiff: *Puts my hands in my pockets.* Aye! We're going to Orb Islan!

Shindori: Aye! Why are we going back to Orb Island?

Shin: *Lifts my head up, hearing 'Orb Island'.* Wait.. We're going back?

Skiff: *Nods and takes my sword out of my sheath.*

Chen: *Jumps down the crow's nest.* Haven't we been there already?

Skiff: Captain's orders. *Pats Chen's back.* He has his reasons. *Points my sword to the sunset horizon.* To Orb Island!

-Everyone raises their arm up, forming their hand into a ball.-

Arrr!!!

To Be Continued...