13. A Sub-Captain Like You Doesn't Have To Act Like The Captain.

-The next day.-

Haru: *Slowly opens my eyes, seeing the ceiling knowing I'm back on the ship. Gets up, wincing.* Urgh..! *Looks down and sees a wrapped bandage around my waist. Lifts my head up hearing voices behind the door.*

Skiff: My bruises aren't that bad? See? Is he alright though?

Shin: I'm sure he will be. He just needs to rest his body.

Skiff: What if he doesn't wake up?

Shin: It takes time.

Skiff: If you say so. *Puts a hand on the doorknob.* I'm going to check on him.

Shin: Alright then.

-The door opens and Skiff walks in.-

Skiff: *Sees Haru sitting up.* Haru! You're awake!

Haru: *Lays back down, wincing a bit because of the pain.* I.. suppose I am. It's a bit chilly.

Skiff: *Inhales slowly.* Shin had to remove your top clothing to wrap the wound. *Sits on the bed next to Haru.* How're you feeling?

Haru: *Puts my arms behind my head, staring at the ceiling* I'm not sure.. What about you?

Skiff: I just had bruises. It wasn't so bad..*Exhales slowly.* A lot of things have happened yesterday.

Haru: Mm.. *Looks at him.* How's the others?

Skiff: Everyone's fine. They're just worried about you. *Turns to him and pats his hand with mines.* I too, was worried.

Haru: I see.

Skiff: Shindori and Chen were afraid you weren't going to wake up and Shin was afraid his medics weren't helping your wound. Shade and I had to calm everyone down.

Haru: Mm. *Sighs softly.* Skiff, I don't know what to believe. What Dahlia said back there, was my past really like that? I can't seem to remember anything. I remember a few, but I can't seem to-

Skiff: Forget what Dahlia said back there.

Haru: What do you mean?

Skiff: Why not make your own history? Since the past is hard to take in and hard to believe, make your own past starting now, aye?

Haru: Huh.. *Sits up again.* You have a point.

Skiff: Perhaps start slow and begin with what you love the most right now.

Haru: *Looks at the window.* What I love most...

-The door opens again and Shin walks in.-

Shin: Captain!

Haru: *Nods.* Shin.

Shin: *Looks at Skiff.* Ah, food's ready.

Skiff: Mm. What's for breakfast?

Shin: Soup.

Skiff: This early?

Shin: We're got work to do, aye?

Skiff: Aye. *Is about to stand up.*

Haru: *Grabs Skiff's wrist.* Wait, Skiff?

Skiff: *Looks down at Haru.* Yes, Cap?

Haru: Sub for my place.

Skiff: What do you mean?

Haru: You're my Sub-Captain, aye? I want you to be the ship's Captain until I recover.

Skiff: But, I'm not like you.