Chapter 1 - Here comes me, the second male lead

A/N: Thank you for reading my first novel. Don't forget to like, vote, review, and subscribe.

#

"How dare a villainess like you harass my future queen!"

A man wearing a formal suit narrated in a loud and quivering voice while reading the most disgusting dialogue he had ever seen in his 28 years of life.

Ryuu-jin Aoki, one of the top ten most powerful individuals on earth, found reading novels quite amusing.

As he read, the people criticized the beautiful Lady with jet black hair and eyes in the middle of a banquet.

Various eyes were staring daggers at her, from servants to nobles which forced her to make a troubled expression, touching her chest while explaining anxiously.

"But, your Royal Highness, the Crown Prince, isn't that me... your fiancee, the one who promised to be your queen?"

If one were to ask the reason why Ryuu-jin was into reading novels... Regardless of his wealthy life, people only saw him in the limelight. Yet, they didn't know the times when an influential person like him also struggled against the greed of the corporate world.

And in those times, he actively searched for a sturdy wall to lean on.

After a short pause, Ryuu-jin continued reading the story.

The green-haired Crown Prince, standing on a grand staircase, went furious.

He pointed his finger at her, trembling. "Promise? That was your family's delusions! If only I'd known what kind of a black witch you're...! Then I wouldn't even waste my time to look at you!"

"But Your Highness, I never intended to—" The black-haired Lady tried to speak in defense.

However, not giving her time to explain, the Crown Prince immediately shouted, "Enough! The King might've ordered me, but I will not turn a blind eye to a witch who attempted to murder an innocent lady by poison! What has Lady Rosie ever done to you?! Are you that greedy for the position of the crown princess?!"

"Your Highness, Shin, that wasn't m—"

"Disgusting, don't call me by my name! Guards! Capture this wench! I now declare Lady Yume Valenz, who plotted against Lady Rosie, be sentenced to death!"

The wall Ryuu-jin needed was neither wealth nor lust nor power. Instead, the one that gave lasting comfort was a single character in this story. Not the Crown Prince or his two-faced Heroine, but the character he liked was the one they called, The Villainess.

It intrigued him how this novel only released one volume per year, but the chapters in every book were so detailed that he thought all events happened in real.

The story starts with Yume, a daughter born in a prestigious dukedom. One and only child of Duke Valenz, a retired general of the Royal Army. They so loved her that she was even called a princess.

However, King Herod Zenonidas, who witnessed the intelligent and talented Yume, betrothed her to Shin, one of the princes, at age six.

Thus, the sweet and lovely child's life turned into a doll, a marionette honed to become the perfect queen.

Therefore, dozens of noble teachers flocked to their doorstep, wanting to gain favor.

Yume was taught the things to do's and don'ts in politics, economy, nobility, and even swordsmanship. Her opinion was disregarded, akin to livestock groomed to be sold.

A child who should've been peacefully living in the warm embrace was verbally and physically punished whenever she made mistakes, just because they expected her to be perfect.