Chapter 12 - South Forest Part II

"9995... 9996... 9997... 9998... 9999... 10,000!"

Swish!

"Mm. Nice work, Ryu!"

Sara complimented cheerfully, clenching her hands together in excitement while watching Ryu swing his swords.

"That's your final swing for today, right? You already got accustomed to the 10 times gravity."

"Foo... Phew... Yes, auntie, that's why you need to train harder. You were already stuck in the nine times gravity for a week."

"Nngh... Even if I'm older, you're still a boy; you'll surpass me easily."

"An excuse? Look at Kaori. She's already on the 20 times gravity."

"Stop, stop! She's different. Just focus and train today. Leave me alone, okay?"

"Fine. You're too old to pout now."

"Did you just say something?!"

"...No."

There was once a story back on earth that Ryu had read. Practicing in a place with increased gravity could boost one's physique faster. With this theoretical knowledge, he suggested using this chance to train themselves.

To his surprise, it actually helped them more than he imagined.

They have been camping on the gravity field for 90 days. Eating, sleeping, and training where he saw their bodies become fit and well-toned.

It was favorable that no monsters were there to disturb them. Maybe due to the effect of increased gravity. But one time Ryu nearly sprained an ankle because he was impatient to get to the source. Since then, they decided not to rush things just because they wanted to.

Learning a lesson, they decided to slow things down and make themselves stronger first.

After some rest, he chose to move to the 11 times gravity.

"Here I go."

Bam!

A small crack formed when Ryu took one step forward on the ground.

"Phew... Heavier than I thought."

"Careful, Ryu!"

"I can still move."

Bam! Bam! Bam!

He felt his legs tremble while walking under this condition. Knowing that he was getting stronger with every step was his motivation.

'Slowly... Walk... Slowly...'

After a few struggles before he arrived at the 14 times gravity and stopped, Ryu told himself that this was his limit for now and sat to stabilize.

"I'll practice here for now."

Swordsmanship and physical exercise in the morning, magic training in the afternoon, and combined training in the evening. These were Ryu's daily routines on the gravity field.

Sara practiced her defensive stances, improving how long she could maintain holding a shield. Sometimes they spar with each other to overcome their weaknesses and change them into strengths.

Kaori, already a 4-Star Spear Master, used this opportunity to advance into 5-Star. One level lower than those who could create their own weapon aura. It was a skill covering one's weapon with power, allowing a person to cut a tree without effort.

For now, they meditated on improving themselves while walking toward the gravity field. If his instinct was right, there should be an artifact doing this.