Chapter 33 - Yiyi's death

Because of the sudden declaration from Yiyi, cold sweats ran through Ryu's befuddled face.

"Ahahahaha... Aha... Ha..."

Ryu slid his sword back to its scabbard. He needed the right momentum in case he was required to run since Roy, Gavin, and Blake were staring daggers at him.

"Miss Yiyi, can you please elaborate quickly?"

And yet, another one tried to make things worse with her misleading words.

"Um... I have a confession to make, Sir Ryu. Can we go somewhere with no other people?"

"Tarnation!"

The RGB brothers exclaimed. RGB, this was the abbreviation that Ryu invented to call Roy, Gavin, and Blake when the three of them were together.

"Ryu, how could you do this to us?!"

The RGB brothers dropped to the floor, crying.

"Go! Just leave us here!"

"...Are they alright?"

Yiyi said while confused, her face filled with concern.

"You're too innocent, Miss Yiyi."

Ryu sighed, walking towards the corner. He looked back and glanced at her only to see her remain standing.

"I thought you needed something?"

"Oh! Sorry! P-Please, wait for me."

Yiyi got startled.

Both went into a corner where no one could see and hear them. For precaution, Ryu chanted magic.

"Min mas akouei kaneis."

A soundproof magic barrier to prevent unexpected eavesdroppers. Strong enough to prevent even scouting or hearing magics.

Ryu knew that Yume hired servants from the slums. So he has a gist of who this orange-haired servant was. While the other servants worked in the Valenz mansion, where Yume lived before attending the Royal Academy.

In his memory, Yiyi was removed early from the novel. Though, he clearly remembered a servant named Olivia. She was a spy planted by Rosie after Yume's personal maid was assassinated. Olivia also helped in Rosie's self-poisoning scheme by blaming everything on Yume.

'Wait... Personal Maid... Assassination...?'

"By chance, are you Lady Yume's personal maid?"

"Mm... Yes."

Yiyi nodded instantly.

Now Ryu's memories started connecting. Remembering, Yiyi was the catalyst! She's someone who would die of Rosie's scheme, and this would trigger Yume's personality disorder.

Once the blood was spilled, Rosie would get accustomed to killing, to the point of no turning back. In absolute desperation, she created an absurd plan to poison herself and blame everything on Yume.

Yiyi would need to die for the story to continue.

But... Another question came to his mind... Should Ryu get involved?

Truthfully, as much as possible, he treaded carefully not to change the original story. He needed Rosie and the Crown Prince to punish Yume, making her a slave. So that he could pick Yume up, saving her in a legal way that's acknowledged by this Kingdom.

To have that outcome, the story should go with its original flow. And the maid dying was the most vital part... Thinking about this made Ryu do a long deep sigh.