Chapter 3 - Adventurer's Guild

"Hello, Lady, I want to join this guild."

Ryu stood in front of the guild receptionist's tall desk and inquired at the Lady busy doing her paperwork.

"Did I just hear something?"

"Yes, you did."

"Huh?"

"Look here, Lady, look below!"

The Lady followed his instruction with a skeptical expression, lowering her head.

"My, how adorable! What's a baby doing here?"

"I want to join this guild."

Looking directly into her eyes. Ryu showed his absolute sincerity with a determined look, not repeating the same mistake he made at the trading guild.

But of course, with this baby voice and soft, tender skin, most people wouldn't be able to control this kind of reaction.

"Kya!"

The Lady quickly abandoned her post and snuggled Ryu.

"Of course, you want to join. Come here, you adorable sweetie cutie pie. How about we play—uh, we go hunt monsters?"

Ryu's head throbbed, sensing that he would have to deal with this for a few more years.

"C'mon, Mia, don't hug that adorable baby adventurer yourself."

Another lady from the receptionist intervened.

"Let me join to play—I mean, hunt too."

"No, Kathy, he's mine, all mine!"

Mia hugged Ryu more tightly, almost to the point where he couldn't breathe.

"Don't be greedy, Mia. You're hurting him!"

'This was exceptionally uncomfortable!'

Ryu was older than these guys, well, not physically, but the fact that he was enjoying this was quite...

Sigh...

'I give up.'

"Heyo pwettie lady."

'If talking seriously wouldn't work, how about my baby talk!'

Ba-dump!

Both ladies' hearts jumped.

"Oh my goodness!"

"No way!"

It seems Ryu found a temporary killer skill against adults that could make his way out whenever he got in trouble.

Not wasting a moment, Ryu followed up by pointing his little finger at Sara, who was grabbing the door, trembling.

"Awntie. Jwoin. Gwild."

Mia, who was beside Ryu, glanced at Sara.

"I see. It was your aunt who wanted to join."

When Ryu saw Sara preparing to decline, he shouted immediately, cutting her speech off.

"Awntie! Stwong!"

"What, w-what are y-you saying, Ryu!"

Sara's reactions never ceased to amaze Ryu.

If Ryu counted the time Sara almost passed out because of him, he would be here until the next day.

"Auntie! Stwong!"

"Auntie! Jwoin!"

Ryu repeated numerous times so there would be no time for them to think. And it was successful since Mia returned to her desk and took an application form.