Chapter 32 - Yiyi's request

Spring Day 8, Year 728

Late at night, Yiyi, with her Lady, Yume, arrived at the dormitory.

Without giving any order, Yume went straight to bed. With nothing else to do, Yiyi returned to her sleeping quarters.

Yiyi sat at a table while her cheeks rested on her hands while thinking about her Lady's sad expression. Her heart ached. So she tried to think of a plan on how she could help Yume.

'Hmm...'

Remembering, Yiyi had been with Yume for more than four years already. That was long before her Lady attended the Royal Academy.

As a maid, she didn't have the right to interfere with Yume's life.

'But she's my savior—I already promised to serve her for life.'

Yiyi thought if the well-being of Yume could exchange for her happiness, even sacrificing herself would be worth it.

At the first meeting, Yiyi was so excited when she was assigned to be Yume's personal maid. Her Lady was a very warm-hearted and lovely person. There's nothing a maid or a slave would ever want other than to have a good master.

Though, being kind in this power-hungry world would only make someone be taken advantage of.

And that's precisely what happened to Yume. She was taken for granted. If not for her position being the daughter of a duke. Yiyi thought her Lady would've already been sinking below the depths of the sea. Without anyone willing to help her.

When Yume first attended the Royal Academy, dozens of people wanted to be her friend. In addition to being the crown prince's fiancee, people flocked to their gate to greet her in the morning. And another batch of greetings in the afternoon.

This event happened for a few months. But those supporters were divided in half when the people learned that the Crown Prince favored a Lady named Rosie.

The battle between Rosie and Yume started. People called it that. But to Yiyi, it's just one-sided bullying. Not her Lady doing it, of course. Rosie, who covets the position of the crown princess, was the one who started the harassment.

Yiyi knew these things because gossips were one of the pastime pleasures of servants. Even the guards and staff wouldn't want to miss this opportunity. So it's easy for outsiders like her to know the happenings in the Royal Academy.

First, Rosie dealt with her Lady's supporter by being the pitiful victim herself. Those who tried to harm her were punished by the Crown Prince. If Yiyi would praise her for something, it was Rosie's top-notched acting skills. This forced the supporters to leave plus put all the blame on Yume.

Second, she showed everyone who was in charge by parading herself with the Crown Prince in every corner of the school daily.

'I meant it when I said every day.'

People who see Rosie clinging intimately to Shin would know not to mess with her. Solidifying her status.

Third, Yiyi didn't have concrete evidence of who did this. But nasty rumors about her Lady started to spread around the school. And she believes that it was instigated by none other than Rosie herself. She guessed it was a plot to lower her Lady's qualification to be the crown princess.

These circumstances happened for three whole years. Yiyi was saddened how her Lady only brushed these off her shoulders. Yume never tried to fight back and clean her reputation. Not doing anything to prove her innocence. Even though she was so diligent in studying and improving herself. But in Yiyi's opinion, addressing the rumors should be her Lady's top priority.