Chapter 39 - Trapped

Yume, physically exhausted, and Ryu had half of his mana left, were together while surrounded by their enemies.

The addition of the twins and a few more assassins that came for reinforcement placed them in a dire situation, with no escape path.

"If you hand over the lady, my older brother might make your death less painful."

"I still want to dissect this little bug, younger brother."

"Oh, my bad... Then I retract my words, little bug. Please don't hand over the Lady."

Chuckles!

With mocking words from the twins, the assassins dared to laugh, seeing that they had dozens of allies on their side. At the same time, Ryu was alone, moreover carrying someone. Like a pack of wolves gnashing their teeth on helpless prey. They became complacent.

Pffft!

The Assassin Leader chortled while playfully spinning a dagger between fingers.

"Right, please don't hand over the Lady. So we can slowly play with you."

Squeeze! Yume, who had her arms over Ryu's shoulders, abruptly tightened her embrace and leaned her face as she whispered. "Ryu, please leave me here and run."

"Why?" Ryu said casually.

She looked at Ryu with innocent eyes. Pondering why he questioned her. She even thought her suggestion was the most reasonable plan in this scenario.

"Because I'll just slow you down." Yume shook her head eagerly.

"You're really light, like a feather." Ryu smiled at her.

"...Still, one arm."

Ryu remembered when they flew in the sky, it was exactly like this. But instead of beautiful scenery, they were faced with many rogues.

"Remember the time when we flew up in the sky?" Ryu said.

"Yes?"

"It's the same how you've been hugging me."

"I don't get you, Ryu."

"Like how you trusted me and opened your eyes while we were flying. I just wanted to say that all you have to do is do the same, just trust me once again, Princess."

"—Are you guys done talking? I'm sad, but by orders, the Little Lady needs to die now."

"Alright, Ryu. I trust you." Yume smiled back and relaxed.

"Thank you."

Shiiick!

Ryu returned the fire sword into its scabbard. Then he stretched his arm wide open to the right.

"It seems the bug already surrendered. That's good. You made the right choice."

"I feel pity for the Lady, though. Abandoned by her lover."

"That Lady is beautiful. What a pity for her to just die."

"Hahahaha, you have a point."

The leader sneered while he eyed one of his subordinates. "You there, the guy already surrendered. So go and take the Lady away from him."

"Yes!" The subordinate slowly walked toward Ryu with caution. The other people in front were watching him in case he would do something. But the time was enough for Ryu to finish his spell.

"Afiste to spathi na vgei!"

"—Wait, I think the guy was saying something?"

"He was casting a spell!" The twins watching from the sidelines exclaimed.