Chapter 10 - The Royal Engagement

Kingdom of Zen Royal Castle.

Duke Valenz, with his six-year-old daughter, Yume, was summoned by King Herod Zenonidas.

Standing in King Herod's presence, Yume felt cold shivers she had never experienced.

A demeanor that was scarier than her father's.

But even in front of an overwhelming presence, she gracefully bent her knees and bowed.

"Yume Valenz addresses His Majesty, the King."

Behind her calm performance, anxious thoughts came into her mind.

'Did I greet the King correctly?'

Yume feared since her family's honor was at stake. But her current thoughts vanished when King Herod laughed.

"Hahaha!"

Herod applauded.

Yume couldn't see his expression, but she assumed everything went fine, reducing her nervousness.

"Duke Valenz, you've raised your daughter properly."

She felt happy with the compliment while her father responded.

"Thank you, Your Majesty. She is the treasure of our family."

"Of course. Both of you may raise your heads."

As Yume raised her head, she saw King Herod sitting on a golden throne, looking magnificent and mysterious.

Next to King Herod was a kid. Bewildered, Yume unintentionally blurted.

"A kid—?"

"Yume!"

Duke Valenz tried to rebuke her in a loud and angry voice, making her tremble.

Not addressing a prince with a royal title is punishable by the kingdom's law.

"Your Majesty, as your loyal servant, I deeply apologize on behalf of my daughter."

A moment of silence while the people swallowed their breaths. Then King Herod stated.

"Pardoned, Duke Valenz. Yume is still a young lady. They will have more time to know each other in the future."

Duke Valenz was surprised by King Herod's words.

"May, may I know what you mean, Your Majesty?"

"I heard that your daughter is intelligent."

"Yes, Your Majesty, her ability exceeds those the same age as her."

"Indeed. The young lady also took her mother's stern yet beautiful face, so I believe she would grow into an elegant lady."

"Thank you, Your Majesty."

"So I'll allow for Lady Yume to marry Prince Shin."

"...Pardon, Your Majesty?"

Duke Valenz, who wanted to say more, caught his breath and waited for confirmation.

King Herod placed his hand on the Prince's shoulder, standing beside him.

"Prince Shin will become the crown prince, and your daughter Yume will be engaged to him. They will be married when both come of age."

"...Your, your Majesty."

Duke Valenz spoke in a shivering voice.

"Is there a problem?"

King Herod Zenonidas narrowed his eyes at Duke Valenz, slightly raising his voice.