Chapter 11 - South Forest Part I

Four years later.

Ryu reached the age of 10.

In the Shadow Intelligence Group, formed with slaves, Sara and Ryu accumulated more experience hunting and killing monsters in the South Forest.

"Master!"

Kaori of the Ischyros shouted while she rushed towards the last enemy through the midst of an ambush. Her hair and eyes of crimson red color shine through the battle.

Clang!

Meanwhile, Sara blocked the gigantic ax from a Goblin Champion using her combined sword and shield.

Goblins were greedy, small, and grotesque goblin monsters, while Goblin Champions were what evolved into big and mighty warriors by defeating enemies and accumulating experiences. Most of them wield a gigantic ax to boast over weaker peers.

"Afiste ton kyklo na reei."

While Sara and Kaori were busy occupying the Goblin Champion, Ryu chanted magic more advanced than his previous spells.

Combining water and earth magic. A spell could only be created by drawing a magic circle and incorporating two or more individual magic.

Quicksand!

"Auntie, Kaori, be ready!"

3-Star Mage, the third advancement. The first and second advancement was about Elements and Enhancements, while the third was about creating magic circles.

The magic circle was something a Circle Mage could draw on the ground, piece of paper, or air using mana. The latter approach was known as the most difficult.

The concept here was that mages couldn't cast two different spells simultaneously. So the mage's predecessors invented the usage of magic circles to combine individual spells, creating a stronger one.

This might sound simple, but one out of every 1000 mages could only advance into 3-Star in their lifetime. It was so difficult that those who succeeded before their deathbed were considered fortunate.

The reason was that the caster needed in-depth knowledge of how the magic circle was translated and the ability to perform it with preciseness.

One mistakes a mage's life's worth.

A small radius of land under the Goblin Champion began to soften.

With Ryu's warning, Sara, beside the enemy, escaped in time.

The Goblin Champion panicked and tried to escape, but its situation worsened by moving, making itself sink faster.

"Kueee kuee! Kueee!"

It screamed and flapped like a goose with its wings on the water.

"Kuueee!"

A little more. Ryu wanted until its body sunk halfway before he chanted another spell...

'Wait for it—Now!'

"Afiste to edafos na pagosei!"

Crack!

Ryu released ice magic that froze the softened ground.

"Kaori!"

"Yes, my Lord!"

Kaori proactively sprinted and appeared beside the trapped Goblin Champion, raising her arm that wields a spear that aimed to pierce its head.

"Iya!"

Splishhhhck!

Kaori drew a hole on its forehead. It stopped moving. Checking as Ryu frantically asked.