Chapter 2 - Establishing myself

"Uwa...! Uwaaa...!"

Ryuu-jin cried without knowing the reason, waking up with the feeling that there were people around him, but for some cause, his eyes couldn't see.

All he was hearing were people excited about a newborn baby.

"Congratulations, Hazel, you gave birth to a healthy boy."

That piqued Ryuu-jin's interest, so he asked, "Who gave birth to who?" But no one replied... or rather, no one heard him. He got confused.

"Ms. Anna, can I hold my baby?" A woman in an exhausted voice said, like someone who just went into hard labor.

"Of course, here you go. So adorable. As the baby's mother and father are both present, now is the perfect time to give him a name."

Ryuu-jin felt a person carrying him before being transferred to another person, sensing great comfort.

'Wait... Is someone carrying me? Aren't I heavy?'

While Ryuu-jin was drowned with thoughts, the woman named Hazel called, "Dear husband, stop crying on the wall and come here."

"...But."

"Come here! The baby and I are both fine."

"Yes! I-I mean, yes, dear."

"Let's name the baby together."

"Wow! Is this really our baby?"

"Huh?!" Her voice went up a pitch.

Ryuu-jin might not know about a married couple's life and interaction. But, this husband was an idiot for asking something like that.

"Guard Commander Graham Xanastre, do you think I would do adultery?"

"No!"

"Then what?!"

"...Sorry."

What shocked Ryuu-jin after was when the couple began to interact with him.

He learned that the baby people conversed about was none other than him, remembering what he talked about with the author.

Ryuu-jin's past life flashed back and became clear as fresh water.

'I was reincarnated as a newborn baby!'

"He looks cute, blue eyes, just like his mom."

"He is also well-behaved like his dad."

"Wait... why is the baby not moving?"

"Is, is he dead?!"

"Oh, his eyes moved!"

The couple sighed in relief.

Ryuu-jin was momentarily preoccupied thinking about some things that he forgot to move.

Dreaming of this place daily, Ryuu-jin cried every time he remembered what his beloved character, Yume, had to endure.

Every time he could only read how she suffered. Now, he was given a chance to save her.

He could never thank the author enough.

"Ryu."

Ryu was surprised when Hazel, his new mother, called his earth name. It was similar to the name they gave him in this life.

The only plausible reason might be the author visited her in a dream and suggested.

Though, he became Ryu Xanastre instead of Ryuu-jin Aoki. She might only have remembered a part of his name, but this might be better as he won't dwell on his past whenever he heard someone call his name.