Chapter 31 - Villain's Nightmare

"Hooo..."

Ryu exhaled, breath condensing into thick hot white air.

He opened his eyes in the middle of the night. It was dark. Two swords in the room were lighting up. Sitting in the center of the room while holding in both hands the Unbreakable Destiny, a pair imbued with ice and fire dragon orbs.

A few minutes ago, Ryu was on trial to overcome these weapons' power. Since Gavin's grandfather promised that succeeding would allow him to sell them to Ryu.

The room was frozen while hot steams drifted around like a sauna. For hours, the Fire Dragon Sword and Ice Dragon Sword's power contradicted each other, creating this cold and hot environment.

Now that it was midnight, the two swords started to calm down. This short time enabled Ryu to grasp part knowledge on how to use them.

Since the swords were like living objects, all Ryu did was be friends with them by acknowledging their painful past and absorbing them into his own.

'Your lives and my life are now combined. We are not three, but one. Your burdens, I will carry. Your dreams I will achieve. And your wishes I will accomplish.'

Click... Click.

Ryu sheathed both swords and tied them into the sword belt on his waist. It was provided earlier by Gavin's grandfather.

"Kai egeneto fos."

A fire appeared above Ryu illuminating the dark surrounding and allowing him to see the door more clearly that leads outside.

Passing through the door leads to another room. The room was the familiar armory at the back of the shop.

Clink.

Another surprise was waiting after Ryu stepped foot inside the shop. Some strange men were waiting for him idly. Their sensitiveness and reactions were relatively slow, allowing him to discreetly cast scout magic.

"Epitrepste mou na do to perivallon."

Dozens of men were in the vicinity hiding in the dark: 6 were inside the shop, 6 were in the back alley, 12 were outside the front entrance, 4 people inside the room holding Gavin and the others captives, and 4 people on the roof as a lookout. The whole place was surrounded so that not even a cat could escape.

"Who?"

Ryu said, nonchalantly crossing arms on his chest.

The people inside the shop were slightly shocked as they revealed their weapons in response to being caught off guard.

After the place was secured, a man hiding in the room's farthest corner appeared, stretching his hands towards Ryu like he was asking for something.

"I'll not beat around the bush, kid. We have captured your friends, so hand over the swords, and we will let you and the others live."

A band of thieves. A cliche that always happens in movies. After someone gets a hold of a good item, there would always be people who would want the easy way by ganging up on the person. And here, Ryu was not even confused since this had already happened many times when he was still in Southbourne City. In fact, these people were quite novices compared to his other encounters. Quantity over quality.

"Another pathetic bunch."

Ryu heaved a deep sigh.

"Since I'm in a good mood, I'll let you guys live as long as you atone for your sins and get lost."

They paused as they looked at each other for a second before everyone started laughing.

"Pffft! Bwahahaha! Boss Wolf, did you hear what the kid just said?"