Chapter 18 - I want to get in trouble

Royal Academy Prison.

Plop! Plop! Plop!

Water droplets leaked from the ceiling, splattering through an uncomfortable, cold, rough surface.

After winning the duel with Shin, Ryu found himself in a dark, secluded place with his hands and feet helplessly tied together.

Fortunately, his mouth was uncovered, so he could chant detection magic to determine his current situation.

"Epitrepste mou na do mesa apo tous toichous."

Transparent characters made of mana drifted out of his mouth, then magic swept throughout the place. On search, he found rooms sealed with metal bars that prevented people from escaping, pieces of furniture like beds, toilets holes, and more. A place that was identical to where Ryu bought the slaves.

A prison. To be exact, an underground prison in the royal academy.

The spell continued to go further until he found an exit. There, Ryu saw two people arguing. One was a familiar lady, and the other was a guard on duty.

"Epitrepste mou na akouso mesa apo tous toichous."

Amplified hearing magic. Now Ryu could hear their conversation.

"...L, Lady Yume, please forgive me as the Vice-principal ordered not to allow any visitor."

"Sir Guard, I just want to see my friend."

'It was the Princess... But friend? Was she, by chance referring to me?'

"M-My head will roll if the Vice-Principal learns I let someone inside. So please, my Lady, I still have a wife, two children, a senile grandpa, and a dog to feed."

"Then, can Sir Guard at least give my message? Tell him I will undoubtedly let him out of detainment. So please wait for me."

"I'm sorry, Lady Yume, the Vice-Principal precisely sai—"

"Fine, I understand!"

Yume glared sharply before leaving, pouting while the guard sighed as their conversation ended.

"Pffft!"

Her actions made Ryu burst into uncontrollable laughter.

Even in the original novel, he had never known her as someone who could forthright act. He thought that she was leaning more toward a stoic type of character. A silent type. Seeing her in real life slightly changed his perspective. Her expression and behaviors were quite different from what he had read.

'What was the reason for her change?'

Dwelling on this would result in nothing. So Ryu stopped guessing and decided to address his current situation first. With no guard beside him, he called.

"Felix."

Swoosh!

A person swiftly appeared outside of Ryu's prison cell. He was covered in black, wearing a hood and a tight suit with two daggers on his waist. Yes, the same person made a scene with Ryu in the amphitheater.

"You called, my Lord?"

Bowing down his head with his right hand to his chest and his left hand on his back. As a part of Shadow Intelligence Guild, Felix greeted Ryu respectfully.

***

Six hours ago before getting imprisoned.

Shin and Ryu were facing each other, standing in the middle of a platform where the whole audience could see both of them directly.