Chapter 25 - Not a pushover

'What is the Princess doing here?'

Ryu was ready to compromise with Shun and Rosie when Yume unexpectedly appeared.

Shin panicked that he unknowingly ordered in haste.

"What?! Don't let her in!"

Yume was a lady trained in swordsmanship. Having improved physical capabilities and a sense of hearing was expected.

"I can hear you, Crown Prince Shin."

Shin got dumbfounded that he had forgotten about this. He didn't reply, so Yume continued.

"I know you don't want others to see you with Lady Rosie in your quarters, so you don't want to invite me in. Honestly, I also don't want to bother with your affairs. So let me just talk here outside, but I need an answer! Are you the one responsible for the class F-1's involvement in the expedition?"

Shin trembled and looked at Rosie. But before he could open his mouth, Yume raised her voice.

"Listen here! I'm only telling you this once. If I ever find out that you messed with my friend, don't blame me for retaliating! I'm leaving!"

"Wait!"

Shin, trying to understand what she said, confused him, so he asked further.

"What do you mean? Who is the friend you are talking about?"

"Who else?! The person with black hair! The one who knocked you cold. He is an innocent man for you to play around with! This is my last warning, Crown Prince Shin!"

A crown prince is an heir to the throne, so who would blame Shin for getting angry when someone tried to threaten him?

"You dare threaten me, the crown prince?!"

"Then why don't you try it? Think about it; I never used my family's influence, even if you had your affair while still engaged with me. But I won't let you mess with someone because of me!"

Bam!

"Your Highness, the Lady left."

With her sweats dripping, Rosie stretched out her head at the door.

"D-Did she just slams the door?"

However, what bothered Ryu most was not Rosie. It was how Shin noticed Yume's lovely personality.

"I, it's the first time I've experienced her get mad. Is she the cold Lady I knew? Not the one who was quiet but with an evil personality. But now, she even defends her friend."

Shin was dumbstruck by Yume's actions. Even Ryu, who had been reading the novel for years, wouldn't expect Yume to act this way.

"Shin! Don't forget the bad things she has done to me!"

"If I think about it, I never literally saw her do those things."

"Shin!"

"Pfffft!"

Ryu was busy pondering but giggled as he heard these traitors fight with each other. Then Yume's words knocked into his head, allowing Ryu to reason.

'Did the Princess still blame herself for lending me her sword? Is that why she came here for me... A friend?'

"Is there something funny?"

Shin, who got irritated, looked at Ryu through his mask directly.

"So you only learned how cute the Prin—I mean Lady Yume is? Well, that's not my problem, though. Please forgive me for leaving early."