••dursley•• || heartbreak hotel

Kendra was barely unpacked after the most wonderful holiday of her life when Luna came and found her, saying that Damon was all sorts of a mess in the Ravenclaw common room downstairs and that Lisa was nowhere to be found. Kendra very privately thought it was good that Lisa wasn't the one comforting Damon as she was a lovely and wonderful friend but was frankly quite shit when it came to trying to comfort a person.

"A letter!" Damon moaned in agony, still aghast. "A bloody letter!"

"I know, Damon, I know," Kendra soothed, rubbing his back in the slightly increased privacy of her own dorm, rather than the common room, where Damon was leaving tear stains into Kendra's mint green v-neck jumper (that had been a gift from Hermione at Christmas). "It was awful of Matt to do such a thing."

They sat in silence for a few seconds until the tremors in Damon's breathing seemed to ease slightly. Kendra simply rubbed his back, humming slightly every few seconds. He wiped his eyes and pulled away after another moment, lip still trembling slightly. "I'm sorry, Kendra, it seems like whenever my life falls apart you're always the one who has to pick up the pieces."

"Damon, don't apologize," Kendra said firmly, though her eyes were fond as she fixed his hair. "You can't be in control of every little thing that happens to you, and it is my duty as your friend to help you stand when you've fallen into one of the cracks of life. Don't feel guilty about having a support network, Damon."

"I know, I know," Damon sighed. "Merlin, why does everything bad have to happen at once?"

"I don't know," Kendra sighed. "But if I refrained from kicking Matt in the balls every time I saw him before, I certainly won't now."

Damon scoffed, his sadness seeming to have progressed into anger somewhat. "I mean, what kind of a wanker  would tell their devoted, loving, sexy boyfriend that they were just an experiment and that Cho Chang is a better fit anyways! I am tighter than a leather glove, thank you very much-"

"Thank you for that information, " Kendra interrupted dryly. "I didn't need to know that, thank you very much."

Damon sighed heavily. "Can we break into the kitchen and eat ice cream after dinner?" he asked, his voice wavering slightly. Kendra smiled at him kindly.

"Of course, Damon," Kendra replied, rubbing his back again. "Do you want Lisa, Luna and Mabel to come too?" Damon nodded.

"Tell me about Hermione," he said all of a sudden. "Get my mind off all of this shite."

"Oh, well," Kendra blushed furiously. Damon sat up straight, eye brows nearly hidden in his hairline. "Okay, don't get so excited, nothing like that happened." He raised his hands in surrender.

"Uh-huh, right," Damon said coyly. Kendra rolled her eyes and ignored his response.

"I mean, it was nice. Quiet. We gave each other some presents, she read me a chapter out of a book when my eyes got too tired to keep going. Not really much to say other than that," Kendra shrugged.

"I hate you," Damon moaned, flopping back onto Kendra's bed. "Give me details, Kendra!"

"You love me," Kendra said dismissively. The creaking of the door made both of them turn their heads to see Lisa entering.

"Whoa, what kind of party is going on in here, and why wasn't I invited?" Lisa asked curiously.

"To make a long story short, Matt has decided to be a prick," Kendra said. Damon chose to glower at the ground instead of say anything.

"What's new?" Lisa snorted. Kendra shot her best friend a cautionary look. Lisa's eyes widened in understanding. "Oh."

"We broke up," Damon sighed. "Oh, I'm being dramatic, I need to get over myself." He said his words with a finality, though both Kendra and Lisa could tell that he was just trying to hold himself together for their sakes.