••dursley•• || the plan

Kendra woke up with Hermione's arms curled around her waist. They had never really slept in the same bed before--the beds at Hogwarts were really too small for two people and they were in different houses anyway. But now that she had done it properly, in a real bed and not just on a couch or on the train, Kendra didn't think she would ever be able to sleep by herself again.

Hermione looked soft beneath the duvet. There was simply no other way to describe it. Her hair reached out like a tangle of branches, dark against the white linen sheets. Her skin looked like velvet in the early morning light. She looked peaceful, her chin buried into Kendra's chest and her arms still pulling Kendra in closer, even in her sleep.

A soft knock on the door broke Kendra's stupor. The knock sounded like Harry, two quick and three slow, just like he had done when they were kids. "Come in," she called quietly, not wanting to wake Hermione but not wanting to keep Harry out.

The door swung open. Harry couldn't help but smile when he saw Kendra and Hermione tangled together in the bed. "Figured you'd be in here when I woke up alone."

"Sorry," Kendra said with a shrug. "Duty calls."

Harry waved her off, not at all bothered. "I'm glad you're back, Kiki," Harry said, moving to sit in the small chair in the corner of the room near where Kendra was. "We've really missed you. We were messes. The both of us, we tried to ignore it but... It's good that you're back."

"I've missed you both, too," Kendra said. "But as much as I would like to stay here forever and forget that there's not a war going on, I've got things I need to do, and I'm sure the Boy Who Lived's got stuff going on too."

"You'd be right," Harry muttered.

"You don't have to tell me what you have to do," Kendra said quietly. "But I've got to get Theodore out of Hogwarts. It's going to end soon."

"I know," Harry sighed. "I can feel it too. I just hope... I hope I can do it."

"Me too," Kendra replied, glancing over at a still-sleeping Hermione. "I'm not going to lie, I'm looking forward to giving that bitch what she deserves."

"Who, Bellatrix?" Harry asked, slightly surprised. "You're not gonna kill her, right Kendra?"

Kendra smiled innocently. "Dumbledore asked me to."

Harry rolled his eyes. "You can't just say that to do whatever you want to, you know," Harry said, though he was slightly amused.

"It works every time," Kendra said with a shrug. "Besides, I wasn't just saying because I want to get away with it. He really did ask me. You've got to kill the Dark Lord but someone's got to make sure his second in command doesn't make him a martyr and rise up again."

Harry hummed. "Never thought Kendra Dursley would have to kill someone, much less take pleasure in it."

Kendra turned to Hermione again, a dark look passing over her face. "Well," she said in a low, ominous voice. "The bitch has it coming."

Hermione stirred then, blinking in confusion as the fog from sleep slowly faded. "Kendra?" she asked, her voice slightly small.

"You're okay," Kendra assured. "We're at Shell Cottage, remember?"

Hermione settled back into reality once she realized where she was again, stretching and sitting up. "Oh, hello, Harry," she noted with a yawn.

"Um... I came to ask if you wanted to come downstairs for breakfast or eat it up here," Harry asked, slightly sheepish.

As much as Kendra would have liked to stay in bed all day, she had business to attend to and that business would be best accomplished at the table. "Do they have any P.G. Tips?" Kendra asked, readying herself to stand.