••dursley•• || back again

{tw: graphic descriptions of torture}

Apparation had never felt so brief. She was no longer stunned, but Kendra knew she wasn't going anywhere. Fabian had an iron grip on her arm that she was sure was going to leave a bruise later. Not that it mattered, of course, as a worse fate awaited her. 

Once again, she found herself in front of the wrought iron gates in front of Malfoy Manor. Unlike when Bellatrix had simply passed through them like they were made of smoke, Fabian stopped. The iron bars formed lips, and a metallic clanging voice rang out. "State your purpose!"

"I've come bringing..." he paused as he tried to remember Kendra's name, "someone for Bellatrix that she wants. She'll know who I'm talking about."

As uninspiring as that purpose was, the gates turned to mist and Fabian continued to drag Kendra along, her feet still not helping him move her as some sort of last rebellion. He hummed pleasantly as he moved along. Before he reached the doors, Bellatrix swung them open, a wild grin on her face. 

She quickly made her way down the steps, bouncing like she was a kid in a candy store. "Well," she said, her voice breathy as she stopped in front of Kendra. "We are going to have lots of fun later, aren't we?"

"Um, Madame, if I may," Fabian interjected. "Might I get some sort of... reward? You know for bringing 'er in and all?"

Bellatrix turned to him, bringing her face closer to his, examining him carefully. Kendra could see him practically trembling with excitement. She smiled placatingly at him. "We'll see," she told him pleasantly, her voice a sultry whisper. "When I'm done, I'll give you a reward." She reached out with her wand, dragging it down his face. Kendra swore his eyes rolled into the back of his head. "Now, leave us."

He dropped Kendra eagerly, not saying another word. Bellatrix stared at him pointedly and he gave her a nervous grin, rotted teeth and all, before turning and scrambling back down the path. Bellatrix turned her attention to Kendra, smiling as though it was Christmas Day.

Bellatrix took no hesitation in pulling Kendra inside, hand on the collar of Kendra's shirt, her nails digging into Kendra's skin. She dumped Kendra on the floor of the drawing-room, the door shutting behind them. Bellatrix turned to Kendra, her grin widening. "I think this room will be perfect. It's nice and quiet in here, where no one will hear your screams."

Kendra had steeled herself for the end as soon as she knew where she was going. She was already so distant from what her body was going through that she barely registered what Bellatrix was saying. But it didn't matter how far away from her body her mind had wandered--the Cruciatus curse brought her straight back. 

There was nothing that could prepare her for the pain of the curse. It was hundreds of broken bones, it was knives sinking into her flesh and being pulled away, it was flames lit directly against her nerves. There was no way to describe the curse accurately in terms that someone who hadn't felt it would understand. 

Kendra screamed--she couldn't help it. When Bellatrix finally lowered her wand, her chest heaving with pleasure, Kendra's throat was raw, and her tired body was wracked with sobs. "Aw," Bellatrix said, sticking her bottom lip out teasingly. "Did that hurt?"

Kendra didn't answer, too focused on trying to control her raw sobs, choking on them when she tried to swallow. She was sure snot was pouring out of her nose from crying, but she couldn't care. 

"I could simply curse you until you go insane," Bellatrix said offhandedly, as though she was discussing what she was having for dinner. "Of course, then you wouldn't die. But don't worry Kendra, we'll be here for a long time."