••dursley•• || one last...

It took almost a month for Kendra to be released from the Hospital Wing. During that entire time, Hermione hardly left Kendra's side, which was probably good for Harry, who escaped Hermione's wrath for the most part. But there was no time to celebrate her recovery- as soon as she was out, Draco told her the vanishing cabinet was almost finished and that the death eaters would probably be invading the castle sometime that weekend.

So Kendra took that as a deadline to get everything done that she could before the real world consumed her. And thus, that Saturday, once she had been assured that it wouldn't happen that afternoon, at the very least, Kendra set out with her friends to Hogsmeade.

"It feels like it's been forever since I've seen everyone together," Mabel commented as they walked from the Hogwarts grounds down to Hogsmeade. Damon blushed.

"Definitely partially my fault," Damon smiled slightly as he apologized. "You lot know I'm terrible at having a relationship and a friendship."

"A relationship?" Kendra asked teasingly. "Now why did Harrold not tell me about that?"

"I told him to tell you," Damon shrugged.

"And he didn't, what a prat," Kendra sighed. "And certainly owed it to me after nearly killing me."

"So you two have really made it official?" Lisa asked curiously, fixing her grey beret from atop her long chestnut hair. Damon shrugged.

"I mean, we don't really talk about it, but it's exclusive, so I suppose it is," Damon mused. "I dunno, I think we both know it can't last forever. Even if we were so madly in love we couldn't bear to be separated from each other-"

"Which is called being co-dependent, and is not romantic," Mabel piped up, though her dark eyes smiled at her older brother.

"You know what I mean," Damon shook his head at his sister. "But Harry is Harry, and there's nothing I can do to change that. Even with my wicked good looks and incredibly voluptuous arse."

"I know what you mean," Kendra sighed. "I know Hermione is going to go with Harry, and I think I would murder the Chosen One if I had to go too, and that would be bad for everyone. Besides, I have my own agenda."

"Ginny asked me to marry her," Luna said suddenly and as though it was not such a big deal, as was her nature. Kendra gasped, as did her friends, and turned to Luna.

"She did not!" Lisa exclaimed, nearly squealing. "Tell us everything."

"She said sometime after the war, but she said that we belonged together. It was quite sweet. And I do love weddings," Luna said, though even she was beaming.

"Congrats, Luna," Mabel said smiling. "Oh, can we go in here? There's this girl I owe a favor to... well, you get the point."

"Naughty Mabel," Lisa teased. "But of course we can."

Kendra was surprised to see that Zonkos too had a Weasley's Wizard Wheezes section. While Mabel shopped for whatever it was that she needed to buy for the girl, Kendra found herself wandering to the section and finding the rack of Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder.

'Seems useful,' Morgana's voice cut through Kendra's inner thoughts, so cryptically that it was obvious what Morgana wanted Kendra to do. The blonde rolled her eyes, grabbing a few of the small, dark, shimmery chunks of powder and taking them to the register. Of course, as Kendra thought about it, Morgana was right. She could give the powder to Draco, who she was sure could find some use for it, and could keep some of it for herself, which she was sure she could also find some use for it. She had the beginnings of a plan forming in her head for just how she would infiltrate the death eaters to save whoever she could and destroy Bellatrix in the process. Maybe Peruvian Instant Darkness Powder would work in there somewhere.