11

It was the day after the battle and also the day where many people could go back home to see their families again. Y/n and Nick were so excited to see their dad again, it had been far too long and they also wanted to see what was wrong with him.

"We finally get to go home and see dad!" Nick said as he slung the drawstring bag over his should while you shoved your dirty clothes into your bag.

"I know! I can't wait to see him!" You said as you slung your bag over your shoulder as well and started to the entrance. As you two approached the door you guys saw a car similar to the one that dropped off the envelope to your house, but a more beat up version. The man driving the car passed a small red and gold envelope to Alex and drove away into a cloud of dust before Alex could even ask a question.

Alex examined the outside of the envelope and read the small cursive handwriting on the front.

To the person who beat me in the battle

"Hey Y/n we got a letter for you. Looks like it's from Technoblade." Alex said as he handed you the note delicately.

You read the front and soon opened the envelope and slid out the note inside.

To the person who beat me in the battle,

I want to rematch you. Come to L'mamburg in the place we fought once before and we'll settle this. We can create some kind of deal for whoever wins. Be there at sunset, I'll be waiting.

-Technoblade

"Well Nick I guess we aren't going home just yet." You said with a sigh before handing Alex the note.

"Okay hold on, hold on. So you're just going to greatfully accept to this duel?" He said before handing you back the paper.

"Yea, I mean I can get us some sort of peace treaty." You said with a shrug while you put the letter back into it's tightly fitted envelope.

"Alright well we might as well bring Tommy and Tubbo for backup." He said before sprinting away to tell the two the news.

Sunset came far to quickly as you, Nick, Alex, Tommy, and Tubbo started heading down the small.narrow wooden path once again. As you all neared the edge you could see a figure in the cratered ground with three others sitting on the edge of part of a destroyed house. You headed forward while everyone stayed on the path.

"Technoblade." You said with your hand out.

"Yes, and your name would be?" He asked as he put a firm grip on you hand.

"Y/n." You said as you both shook your hands.

"So what's your deal?" You asked as you took a few steps back.

"If I win.. you gave to make sure that this government is gone. Forever." He said in a low gravelly voice sending chills down your spine.

"And if I win.. we get peace. No more wars and everyone can live happily." You said as you stuck your hand out once more with Technoblade gladly shaking it with a smirk.

"BEST OUT OF 3 WINS." said a man on the house.
"3,2,1, GO!"

Pre-loading your crossbow as Technoblade did the same, but just a little slower than you. You then charge at him with a charged axe until quickly halting and putting up your shield to block the crit he sent your way. Hitting him with a firm crit since he had no time to bring his shield back up.

"What the hell?" You heard him mumble under his breath.

You both were moving in circles with your sheiks up waiting for the other to strike. Technoblade started a regen potion which gave you time to slip around to his back where the shield wasn't blocking to give him a nice crit knocking him over. You soon heard cheers from the broken wooden path where everyone was sitting down. Sticking out your hand to help the man up but denied and stood up himself as he finished chugging down his potion.

"3,2,1 Go." The man said once again just not as enthusiastically.

Doing the same as before pre-loading your crossbow, but this time you did it while looking at Technoblade. He seemed... focused, while he also seemed to have some sort of guilt looming over his head. Putting up your shield you walked toward him as you quickly let down your shield for a quick second letting him have a chance at hitting you, but he was too slow. This gave you a chance to crit him. You both brought your shields up again.

You watched him intently watching how his light pink braided hair moved with the slight breeze. Getting distracted by his hair was enough for him to quickly slip past and crit you on the back sending you stumbling down to the ground. Cheers could be heard from his nearby crowd as you stood up and soon readied yourself for the last fight.

The one that would change everything.