18

It. Was. Frigid. 

It was absolutely freezing down in the room that Technoblade had you stay in even with all of the blankets. You watched the small clock on the wall next to you from the dim light that shone from the slowly dying candle. One of the only things you have left that could emit heat. After slowly getting warm under all the blankets Technoblade had given you, you finally start to feel somewhat comfortable and your eyelids slowly start to fall. 

"Y/n?!" You heard someone call in a somewhat worried voice as they shook you lightly causing you to turn slightly and hum trying to avoiding the light that they were holding. "Oh my god. Ok come on we need to go." You heard the voice say again a more harsh cold tone as they left. 

Before you knew it you were ready to go, groggily going up the ladder in hopes of having something to eat. You saw Technoblade reading some kind of book while eating a piece of bread. He looked towards you as you came up the ladder, his eyes widening as you caught sight of him looking at you burying his head back into the book. 

"Something wrong?" You asked as you walked towards the table he was sitting at. 

"No." He said flatly as he looked up from his book to meet your eyes causing chills to go up your spine. "There's bread over there if you want, and olive oil and other  garnishing's as well." motioning towards the table near the fireplace that was alive once again providing warmth for the room. You made yourself a few pieces of bread with olive oil and rosemary drizzled on top. Making your way to the table with your pieces of bread you pulled out the small frail stool underneath the table and finally broke the silence. 

"What you reading?" you asked as you studied the cover of the book and took a bite of your bread. The cover of the book being a plain burgundy leather with small gold embellishments on the spine, while on the other hand your bread was nice and warm and soft with the flavors of your topping choices bringing a small bit of happiness to your mind. 

"Greek mythology." He said flatly not bothering to look up from the book as he took another bite out of his plain piece of bread. 

He's going to be harsh on you Y/n. You thought as you practically inhaled the rest of your bread, going to wash your small scratched up ceramic plate in the sink. You took Technoblade's plate when he finished to wash his up as well, and went down the ladder back to the room you were staying to put on your armor and grab all the things you would need for today. 

Your armor felt a little different, the parts that Technoblade had swapped out for you were somewhat abrasive on the skin compared to your old worn out ones. But the armor's weight helped keep you warm with the layers of clothing that you had underneath. This was nothing like the winter's at home which was already somewhat miserable. You grabbed your sword and slid it into it's tight sheath on your belt, you then grabbed your shield that Alex had given to you when you were back at the camp near the embassy. Shaking the memory from your head you headed up the ladder carefully. 

"Let's go." Technoblade said as soon as you came back up the ladder to ask if he was ready to leave. You guys went out a different door this time, one that was right next to the ladder and went down the stairs to retrieve your horses. You both fed them as they were going to need the energy for today's journey.