30. vow of affection (Ariel + Lean)

This world was called, not Earth, but Replicant. In this world, there were 8 continents, with each continent governed by respective Pride Devils, Wrath Devils, Gluttony Devils, Greed Devils, Envy Devils, Sloth Devils, Lust Devils, and Dragons.

I was Aries from the Ari Tribe, a Sloth Devil girl. Sloth Devils' continent was on the north, it was kind of cold all year round, and the subjects were mostly creatures who hibernate.

Other devils' continents were scattered here and there, but for sure, all the continents governed by devils unanimously appointed the Mainland, the largest continent governed by Dragons, as the centre.

Demons.

Although this was a world of demons, it was surprisingly peaceful. Everyone coexist together, regardless of each's strength and weakness. If the demons resorted to scuffles to end their conflicts, then the Wrath Devils would naturally be called to mediate.

Speaking of fights, there were no annals of big wars; because there were no humans in this world.

At least, not yet. In flesh and blood.

There were legends or myths about humans in this world, just like there were legends and myths about demons in the human world.

Although the seven tribes of devils that dominated this world's seven other continents were humanoid in appearance, the closest shape to those humans in the myths; this was not the reason for them to be the dominators.

The reason... It just happened.

To rank the devil tribes: Gluttony Devils were the wealthiest. That's because they were the gourmets that monopolized the food and beverage industries through their researches. The food demons in this Replicant world ate were not made of meat or plants but through elements.

To eat soils and tasted the mud...

It was only natural for the demons to worship Gluttony Devils who were able to turn the taste of soils into something delicious. And looked appetizing too. Besides this, the Gluttony Devils were also known for their possessiveness.

The second wealthiest was the Envy Devils. They were also known as copycats. For those Gluttony Devils who zealously guarded their recipes, it was though Envy Devils' efforts that the rest of the demons wouldn't have to eat unpalatable meals and had many varieties to pick.

They didn't have any industries, but by working as a broker, the Envy Devils made themselves rich.

The third wealthiest was the Greed Devils. Actually, the difference in wealth between Envy Devils and Greed Devils wasn't that much different. Only, Greed Devils sometimes had to work through Envy Devils' network, so the money tended to flow out of their pockets into another's.

The Greed Devils' industries were on luxury products. Those things made money, but slower when compared to the Gluttony Devils' income. The Greed Devils just had to work on the products meticulously, which took time; and they couldn't mass produce what they sold either.

What the Greed Devils were known as... It was probably their immeasurable collections? Relics dated from the creation of this Replicant world were still kept and preserved in their private museum which only opened to the public once every 100 years.

The fourth wealthiest was the Pride Devils. They were the politicians, in a sense. The Pride Devils were also known as the lawmaker. Each and every Pride Devils were in a competitive relationship on who had the largest support base with their fantastically excellent ideas to improve the lifestyles of the demons of all shapes.

It wasn't only for the demons in Pride Devils' continent, but the world.

The fifth wealthiest was the Wrath Devils. As mentioned before, they were the police, thus also known as law enforcement. They had a good cooperative relationship with Pride Devils; the brain and the muscle, so to speak.