15. a present (Tokie + Tokito)

Letting out a long sigh, I finally catch up to Tokito who is waiting for me by the door to the living room.

"What are you thinking about?" giving me a curious stare, this one year older than me Big Brother asks with a kind smile, "Tokie is always silently thinking about a lot of things, right?"

"What I think is not something great like an invention," I reply to Tokito's words humbly

"As for invention, Tokie can slowly think about it and bring your concept to the research institute to experiment. There is no need for Tokie to think about inventing things right now," Tokito pats my head, "Tokie is still young... Let's play lots and study later!"

"Big Brother Tokito is still young too," I remind him while catching his hand on my head to stop it from patting, "Big Brother Tokito shouldn't only think about playing and neglect your study,"

Ah. I am being a bore again.

"Un, I know," Tokito doesn't mind what I say, "We will play first and then study later together. How about that?"

"Study together? I like that," looking at Big Brother, I smile slightly, shyly

Having different tutors mean we don't get to study together much. I know Tokito is smart, but Father and Mother only focus on me. I want them to focus on Tokito too. They should know how smart Big Brother Tokito is.

Tokito grins, "It's snack time now, so let's eat some and then play. After that, let's have a quiz when study!"

I nod, agreeing to Tokito's plan. Smiling, Tokito takes my hand and guides me into the living room, where a squirrel doll is sitting on top of the table along with the snacks and tea.

"Huh?" following the eager Big Brother, I am bewildered when he pushes me to stand in front of the squirrel doll

"It's Tokie's birthday present! It's early, but happy birthday~!" cheerfully, Tokito congratulates me

"My birthday present?" confused at this turn of event, because I was told to find the present myself, I can only stare at Tokito without moving

"Yes, yes. Because Tokie went missing suddenly, I decided to just give you the squirrel doll like this. How is it? I made it myself, you know," grinning, happy, shy, and embarrassed, Tokito pats my head again, "Do you...like it?"

Finally reacting by taking the squirrel doll up for inspection, I examine the doll carefully. It's a work of a master craftsman. Nodding, I tell Tokito, "I like it. Thank you,"

Tokito lets out a sigh of relief, "Tokie will get a lot of better presents tomorrow, so I think...I don't want my present to go unnoticed, that's why I give it to you know," sheepishly, Tokito mumbles, "I am not cool, am I?"

"Big Brother Tokito is very cool," I disagree with his self-assessment, "Even if a lot of people come, they are here to see me becoming the great inventor like great-great-great aunt. They aren't here to celebrate my birthday...,"

As I mention that, Tokito loses his cheer. Furrowing his eyebrows, Tokito asks, "Does Tokie want to be like great-great-great-aunt?"

"I don't know if I can," I reply sincerely, since there is only both of us here without adults listening in, "I am not great-great-great-aunt," on this matter, "Instead of me, I think Big Brother Tokito can be a great inventor like great-great-great-aunt,"

"Me?" Tokito is surprised, "But, Tokie is the one who is like her...?"

"Only in my look, appearance," I let out a sigh as I take a seat while putting the squirrel doll on my lap so I can hug and lean on the doll, "In personality and brain, Big Brother Tokito is more like her,"